Dave455's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 2:40 PM

Secondary email trouble

Some of my secondary email accounts stopped working.  I can't find the management page to check passwords or settings.  Where do I find real tech support?  The AI "assistant" is useless.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Oddly, now the email account I am having trouble with is partially working.  We can send & receive on a mobile device.  The Thunderbird access will download messages from the server.  But it can''t send.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Oddly, now the email account I am having trouble with is partially working.  We can send & receive on a mobile device.  The Thunderbird access will download messages from the server.  But it can''t send.

The post from user_nvki9b is from me....  IDK why it came up that way.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_nvki9b Are you still experiencing issues at this time? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

Now it looks like I may be logged back on my account....  

The email account also now will log in on the web browser, which it would not earlier, when I started this thread.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hi, @Dave455! I see you had a few posts about this issue, I just wanted to confirm you were back in working order. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

2 months ago

Hello @Dave455! We can certainly help here. Are you still running into this issue?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I will be able to check later this afternoon.

Thank you,

Dave

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

You're welcome :) We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to reach out. One of the things I love most about this platform is that we are able to help customers at their convenience and can pick up right where you left off.

We know you have choices, and we thank you for choosing Xfinity. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Ok the status as of today -

with the secondary account in question, it will send & receive from the mobile device.  It will receive on the PC with Thunderbird.  But cannot send from Thunderbird.  

Error message - 
Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Please ensure your email address and authenticating user match when sending messages. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

We changed nothing.  This all started suddenly.  I tried logging into the account via the web page, and it forced me to update the password, which I did.  Of course, I had to update the password on the mobile device, and in Thunderbird, but it still doesn't work on sending.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! I'm sorry you're running into so many issues. I'd like to take a look at the account to see what I can find. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here