U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2024 8:17 PM

Closed

Reset old password not on home network

I have an email from a previous xfinity account that won't let me reset the password (I'm told I have to reset password and don't have access) because I'm not on that home network any longer. Xfinity assistant is completely useless as usual and chatting with an agent has been just as useless. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

7 months ago

user_e9a407, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I know that dealing with passwords can be frustrating. As long as you have accessed your email at least once every 12 months, you should be good. Is this the case? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I accessed it until I was told I had to reset password. It now won't let me reset password. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_e9a407 Perfect, then it should still be active which is good. You mentioned it was from a previous account, do you have a current account with Xfinity? If so you can link it to your new one following the instructions on our website here. Once linked it should go off your new account information.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

Was this ever solved? I'm having the same issue, going in circles. It seems like Xfinity's answer above makes zero sense, since you'd have to be able to log in to accept the request....

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_hdn7p3, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account and troubleshooting your email. Is this for an email address on a disconnected account? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here