U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021 3:40 PM

Closed

Outlook Calendar and Comcast Email

Calendar invites sent to my comcast.net email do not appear in my Outlook 365 calendar upon acceptance.  I have tried to get this to work on my laptop, outlook 365 web version, and app on my iphone.  Any tips/fixes?

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

3 years ago

@user_0afc62

Hi, there! Thank you for reaching out to us here through Xfintiy Forums for support with your email and outlook calendar. I rely so heavy on calendar reminders or else I know I would miss lunch, even! Let’s see how we can help fix this for you. First, let’s make sure the Outlook 365 is configured with your Comcast email. Can you follow these steps to be sure it is connected correctly, please?

Open Outlook.

Click the File menu.

Click Add Account.

Enter your https://comca.st/3wgveHR email address

Enter your https://comca.st/3wgveHR password, then click Connect.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDevinC,

Yes, i am connected.  I already receive emails.  It is the integration with my Outlook calendar that is of issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_0afc62

Hmm. It sounds like the email is configured and working correctly. Are you having trouble saving any calendar invites from other email clients? We can help support your Comcast email but we are limited in 3rd party support. Still, we want to do all that we can.

One tip I am seeing is to try closing Outlook completely, opening the start menu and selecting “Run”. Type “outlook/cleanreminders” into the text box and hit OK. This can help scan and repair your calendar entries. Could you try that on your laptop?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

It works fine for gmail.

outlook/cleanreminders isn't found.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

To make sure of the best steps, you have already checked the Outlook calendar settings to see if anything needs to be changed?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, I had checked the outlook settings to begin with.

My comcast email is still not working properly with my Outlook calendar.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon, 

In regards to calendar sync with Outlook, the Comcast.net email platform will not sync calendar invites with Outlook. You mentioned using Microsoft Exchange previously, which functions very differently in regards to how it handles calendar invites. More information on what syncs with Outlook can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sync-basics-what-you-can-and-cannot-sync-5537d587-4930-4ac2-b044-3568509b1294 

NOTE: section regarding "IMAP e-mail account (such as Google)" applies to comcast.net in this scenario

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We are presented with a choice if we want to have a calendar that automatically synchs on our phone. 

1. use Microsoft 365 with a different internet provider 

or

2. Stay w Comcast and migrate to another Outlook-like tool and learn that tool.

Many of us have been using Outlook and other  Microsoft tools for years and want to continue using it. The current reality is many of us have moved out from a corporate umbrella, and a  Microsoft Exchange version is no longer possible. Which option above seems easier for most of us.....#1!

Nowhere do I see how or if  Comcast is addressing their customer problem re a calendar that synchs with Microsoft 365.

A. Are you working on a solution or workaround for us?

B. What is the likely timetable for a solution that works for us?

Unless we know that Comcast is working on a fix, then most of us will move to a different internet  provider that can meet our needs. 

The communication from Comcast  seems to say this is our problem, and by implication..... we are not important user group for Comcast. 

Anything short of a clear timetable from Comcast to promptly address this problem can only be understood as goodbye. 

We await Comcast's prompt, clear, responsive answer. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1. use Microsoft 365 with a different internet provider 

Changing email clients or internet providers will have no effect on the feature you are looking for. Calendar sync functions are exclusive to exchange and/or outlook.com email accounts. To note Microsoft 365 and Outlook are the same product. It will still only sync calendars with an outlook and/or exchange email accounts.

2. Stay w Comcast and migrate to another Outlook-like tool and learn that tool.

Same as above, email clients regardless of who makes it will likely not sync with servers/services that are not made on their own email servers/platforms.

To further elaborate, while we would love to be able to provide exchange-like features - Comcast has no control or ownership to Microsoft products. We would be unable to force another corporate entity to create features or services on our behalf. As such, there is no fix or workaround for Comcast to implement because it is outside of our domain.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Post from user_2ff6d6 was right on the money.  Still waiting for response.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Totally agree.  Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a rep who didn't even know they did not have a calendar function.  He is supposedly escalating my question to higher management, but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @user_e1c958. I am happy to look into your account and se how the process is going. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here