U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 29th, 2024 5:32 PM

Outgoing emails failing (remote server imap-central.ge.xfinity.com timing out, repeatedly)

For the last few days I have been getting the following message while trying to build and send outgoing emails (especially ones with attachments) using xfinity email on my lapmargin: 0;">

"The connection to remote server imap-central.ge.xfinity.com timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later."

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

@user_89cc85, thanks for working with our team to get it fixed. For @JU31 and others that may of ran into the same error, there was a known issue that was resolved earlier this morning by our backend team. I hope you have an awesome rest of your weekend!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks - I noticed it was fixed!   

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

JU31 I am glad to hear that your issue was resolved. Our engineers were hard at work to get this resolved on the back end, so we do appreciate your patience on this. Our team is always here for you if you should need us in the future. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @user_89cc85 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the same problem - can't send any emails.  I'm receiving them just fine.  I can't find the chat icon or bell in the upper right hand corner.  Can you help?

Julia [Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

This has been happening for 2 days now. Can barely search emails and only most recent come up. 

The connection to remote server imap-west.ge.xfinity.com timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here