klll's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 10:38 PM

one of my email accounts has stopped working

I have 2 additional email addresses under my main@comcast.net account. As of yesterday afternoon one of them will not send or receive email. I get an error message saying "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them." I have checked that my server ports, security, etc. are the same as my other additional email (which is working fine) and all is correct. What do I do to get my email account working again? This is on Xfinity, not a 3rd party.  Assistant, the phone, etc are all not helping me at all. Help!

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

2 months ago

Why was this made "Private" ?  I need help urgently as I have accounts using this now non-working email address and am not being kept up to date on what's happening with those accounts--because I can't get any emails!!!!

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

2 months ago

klll thank you for creating your post on the Community Forum, your post was likely marked as private due to the PII with your email address being displayed in a public forum. I would be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Have you attempted to update the password associated with the address that is not receiving email?

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Yes. I have tried to put in the last 2 passwords I have had but no dice.  Should I change my my Xfinity password again and update on all email accounts to fix this?

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

That would definitely be the way to go at this time, @klll! The link to update your password is : xfinity.com/password Let us know if that gets the issue resolved.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

The link you gave me is a 404 error code:

The page could not be found or you don't have permission to view it.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@kill  I apologize the previous link didn't work. Try this one and let me know if it worked or not https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

OK--changed my main password and the password for both sub accounts in my Xfinity account.  Still not getting the email from my sub account--it says: "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."  Tried to change the pword there but it won't let me change the pword on the outgoing smtp so never gets properly updated.  

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 months ago

I had the same issue - was forced to change my password. Now that I have done so, I can once again receive email, but can not send email, even from Comcast's own website. 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same problem, with the same error messages, as @klll for a secondary email on my comcast account.  Nearly all my email goes to this account.  This appears to be a widespread issue. Please advise.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@user_6qmx9d​   So I think I've sorted my issue and mayhap this will help you.  Changed my main password and at the same time both of the sub accounts to same password on Xfinity.  Then went to Google passwords and changed all of them where saved.  Closed Google and my browser after signing out of xfinity and then reopened and signed on to xfinity with new password.  Opened email and everything updated straight away.  Then went on the change email passwords on my phone and all seems to be working ok now.  Hope that will do well for you:)

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@klll thank you for sharing what steps worked for you with other customers to help get them back up and running.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@klll​ So what are you thinking, password for main and sub accounts need to be the same? That doesn't seem to make sense, but I guess with Xfinity, anything is possible...

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Yes--I made all my emails the same pword for ease in opening all at once (as I use each email for different things).  One key appeared to be going into Google to change the pwords proactively instead of waiting to update when I went into the email programme.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for all your time on this! Let me see how we can dig a little deeper into this for you. Can you please send us a DM. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here