Xalthon's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2023 3:34 PM

Closed

need to undo spam?

I inadvertently tagged an e-mail from my kids' principal as Spam.  A few days later, I realized what had happened and marked it not Spam.  To be "safe," I even added the principal's e-mal address to my address book.  However, I now am receiving nothing from him.  It doesn't even go into the Spam folder... it just never arrives to me in any form.

I only use the Xfinity web-based e-mail to access email.  

It seems that because it was initially flagged as Spam, Xfinity is doing some filtering before it even gets to me.  If so, I need to get that corrected.  Help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

1 year ago

... Xfinity is doing some filtering before it even gets to me.  If so, I need to get that corrected.  Help!

If an employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you, Bruce.  I called the number and spoke with someone there.  After a while, she said she entered the e-mail address I am having issues with into *something* (couldn't understand what she was referencing) and that in an hour, e-mails should be able to be sent from that address to me.  While I hope this does the trick, I don't have a high degree of confidence....

I will post an update later.

Official Employee

• 

818 Messages

1 year ago

@Xalthon Let me know if this isn't resolved.  In some cases, a "spam" report will result in having your email address added to what is called a "suppression list".  This is more common in bulk messaging, or certain kinds of tools.  In some cases, we can reach out to the entity (the ESP, Email Service Provider) and ask them to remediate this.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityAlex It turns out my problem still exists.  While I can receive e-mails directly from the principal, it seems that the e-mails in question are *different*.  They are being sent via something called "school messenger," which still shows the principal's address as the sender.  How can I find out what the actual sending e-mail address is to get it removed from the "suppression list."

Official Employee

• 

818 Messages

@Xalthon​  Can you send me a DM with some other information from one of the older messages you did receive properly?  if you know how to pull the "headers" from the "View source", that's probably the most helpful information you can provide to me.  If they're using an ESP that has added you to a suppression list, we'll see what we can do to get it resolved.

Official Employee

• 

818 Messages

@Xalthon I think I found the domain/sender you're looking for.  I've reached out to their ESP.  They said that they don't see a "suppression", but they're going to reach out to SchoolMessenger to see if something else might be going on from their side.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

I told the principal I was still having issues with the school messenger e-mails.  After doing a little digging on their part, someone in the school's office "unblocked" me.  I don't know exactly what she did, but things do appear to be working now.  Thanks all for your help!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

We're happy to hear this has been taken care of for you, and you can now receive those emails again, @Xalthon. If you need anything in the future, don't hesitate to create a new post with details of your issue, and we'd be more than happy to help! Take care 🙂!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here