nmcevoy's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2024 2:59 PM

IMAP Server down 6/10/2024?

Getting IMAP login errors on all devices this morning.  Appeared to be restored for a bit but the error is continuing.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

21 days ago

I can get my email on the computer but not on my devices (Samsung Galaxy S23).  Last sync was just after midnight.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

same here, can get off xfinity site but not on phone or outlook

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I will also say that I can send messages (outgoing) that seems to be working okay, it's just incoming / syncing that isn't working for me.

I switched my device to Outlook app and it seems to be connecting okay, but not to the Email on Samsung.

9 Messages

@kennyder2k7​ I am experiencing the same issue with my S21. I have removed and reinstalled the Samsung email app and also the account multiple times...issue remains. My last sync was just after midnight as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_088a3e, Hi there! Thank you so much for your patience. We are seeing a lot of reports that the email issue is not resolved. How is everything working on your end?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

927 Messages

@kennyder2k7 I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with accessing your email through email clients as well. I know it's a vital service to have available with easy access. I have seen some other people report that when trying to set up the email client again, they entered their password first prior to other settings and that allowed the email client to receive and send email. I know that's a few steps to take, but it may be an option aside from using our website to access your email.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

21 days ago

I am having the same issue.  Something must be broken. 

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Same here.  I'm glad I found this (and similar posts).  Hopefully someone will fix.

2 Messages

I was able to get signed in for a second on the Samsung email app but was unable to send emails.

Signed out and tried to sign back in, authentication issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @user_hojfdn!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can work to get things squared away for you.

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

21 days ago

I’m having same issues. Hope they get it fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

ladybuggfm, Hi there! Thank you so much for reaching out and for your patience while waiting for a fix. Are you still needing assistance with this?

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

21 days ago

My Comcast email has been down since this morning too.  I can get it from the Comcast website but none of the email clients on my phone or computers work. I’m in Stafford VA. 

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

21 days ago

Same here on my Samsung S23 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet.  Email last synced on 6/10/24 at 1:09am.  I can retrieve emails on my desktop without issue and via the Xfinity app.  However, I am able to send emails from my phone and tablet.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

How ironic.  The last sync on my phone was 1:04 am on 6/10, until I started to type this on my desktop.  Now it syncs on my phone! Problem appears to be solved.

Go figure

2 Messages

21 days ago

Same here in New Jersey, Galaxy S23. Last synced at 1:09 am on 6-10-24. Any idea if Comcast is aware and working on the problem??

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

21 days ago

I've attempted getting in touch with xFinity, so my fun meter's pegged.  Their "chat" feature is useless.  Finally got in touch with a representative who transferred me to their mail tech support and was promptly disconnected.

The first tech I spoke to indicated he saw no indication that anything was amiss, so they're apparently ignorant of the situation.

9 Messages

Agreed...their char function is useless. my issues persist.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

21 days ago

Same here in Southern New Hampshire

1 Message

21 days ago

Same thing here.  Last sync was just after midnight

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_5k2nld We are aware of an email issue and working on a resolution. Are you able to connect to your email via our website? 

1 Message

21 days ago

It's definitely an issue on their end with IMAP.  POP3 works fine, I can configure POP3 with no issues on my PC, S23 Ultra, Surface, etc.  Only when I try using IMAP do I run into issues.  I tried explaining this to a tech this morning multiple times and all they would do is try having me re-set up the account which is obviously not the fix.  I was promised a call back from a supervisor, but never got it.  The sad part is that I manage IT teams that fix sever side issues like this.  If my team were there, this would probably have been resolved by start of business today.  No way would we allow an outage of a critical service to continue this long.

2 Messages

21 days ago

I found that you also need to allow third-party apps in your Xfinity email settings under security.

I have been able to sign into my email over iMAP but it has not been consistent.

9 Messages

I already verified that I had this setting checked properly but unchecked it and checked it again...problem persists.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_6bgc04​ I also verified that I had that 3rd party app option checked too, but the problem persists.  Ugh! 

2 Messages

I also verified 3rd party app option checked. My emails won't load on my iPhone and iPad using Outlook app. Keeps asking for password and keeps saying it's wrong, even though it isn't.  I'm able to log into Xfinity email directly. I'm in the border of NH and MA. Calling Xfinity tech support was completely useless.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_6bgc04 Are you still having intermittent access issues, or have they seloved for you now?

Official Employee

• 

680 Messages

user_981bo5 Are you still needing assistance with your email concerns? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

21 days ago

Same. Just reported it and got a ticket #. Hopefully will be fixed.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

How do you get ticket number?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

After 20 min of stupidity with the online chat, they finally created a ticket.

9 Messages

Thank you. Can you please keep us posted here? I've been trying to fix his myself for over two hours. This forum is the only place I've seen any mentioned of this issue.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sure, but based on past experience it will be working again hours before they send any update.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

21 days ago

Classic case of whatever maintenance or upgrade they did over the weekend going bad and making Mondays even more of the Hell than they normally are.

Thanks for nothing, Comcast.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

21 days ago

I see that there is currently an service outage in your area because of which your IMAP server is down. However our team is working on it and your servers will be restored and you will be able to use your emails on your mobile devices.

Finally got this....on the wicked Chat

9 Messages

Thank you for sharing this. I am currently chatting with an Xfinity employee (joined the company in 2013). He asked me to verify my IP address on my device and seems to be looking into this issue as well.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@meaux61​ Thanks a lot!

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@meaux61​ Thank you.  I’m in Stafford, VA, so I hope it gets fixed. 

(edited)

9 Messages

@Davidastronomy​ We are not alone...just saw an Xfinity customer in Sweden is reporting the same issue on Comcast Mail down? Check here and read user reports (downforeveryoneorjustme.com)

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

21 days ago

My email just started working again!!

9 Messages

Mine is not...just tried to set up the account after your message came in.

1 Message

In NJ still down.  Xfinity support is useless.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

in NJ - intermittent email since Monday.

2 Messages

Wife unable to retrieve any comcast.net emails. Day two.

1 Message

Been having the same issue for days... Since June 10th.... Can only access my primary email on the website... But none of the secondary email accounts aren't accessible at all... So my husband can't access his email at all... For days... It's his business account so it's a real problem. On our third party apps on phone says our passwords are incorrect... And on the website the email account inboxes are simply blank. They did populate one day then disappeared again. Totally blows.... Oh yeah... But I keep getting the email notifications with the subject titles for those emails I can't access like the emails are there to read.... But they're not....

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here