U

Tuesday, June 11th, 2024 3:20 PM

FRUSTRATED with No Email Access

I have been using my comcast email for a few years since moving out of state. Suddenly I can't access my inbox, even though my account shows as active. The check email link just takes me to the page that tells me how to access it. Xfinity Assistant is useless, as is the phone bot. Is there someone who can tell me what the problem is and how to get to my email?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

18 days ago

user_ygtbws Hi there! We are sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing your email. Can you provide the link that you are using? 

5 Messages

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I go to xfinity.com and sign in. The little icon upper right turns purple. I click on that and click on the link that says "Check Email". Then it takes me to the support page titled

Using and managing Xfinity Email accounts

I'm not sure what else to add to this. Does this help? 

Thanks ,

Sheila

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

@user_ygtbws, that does help. Thanks! The direct link to the web mail app is connect.xfinity.com. Could you go there and see if it allows you to login please?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Arggghh. I just tried that. Same thing happened: when I clicked the link to Check Email it went straight to the same support page as before!

HELP!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

Thanks for giving that a try, @user_ygtbws. Would you be able to try accessing the web mail on a different browser or device to see if the same thing occurs? Also, on the device you are currently using, do you have the password saved to automatically log in or do you typically get the prompt to enter your password?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

Thanks, Frank. Yes. I usually use Edge, but I have tried Chrome with the same result. I use LastPass, so when I get the prompt to enter user name and then password, LastPass fills it in automatically. 

I also just thought to mention that my comcast email is no longer forwarding to Gmail as it has been for the past couple of years. That is what alerted me to the problem! Not sure if that matters, but better you should know. 

What else have you got? :)

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

17 days ago

@user_ygtbws 

I have been using my comcast email for a few years since moving out of state. Suddenly I can't access my inbox, even though my account shows as active. The check email link just takes me to the page that tells me how to access it. Xfinity Assistant is useless, as is the phone bot. Is there someone who can tell me what the problem is and how to get to my email?

Have you been logging into the website for your email all this time or have you been using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

5 Messages

I have had my comcast email forwarded to Gmail. 

1 Message

3 days ago

I am having this same issue. When I click to check email, it just brings me directly to a support page that provides me a link that brings me straight back to the support page! If I click Check Voicemail, it will load a new page that has three tabs at the top, one of which is email. If I then click that link, the page stays blank. I'm trying to access an email that has been used since the Patriot Media days and which I have accessed many times since through a web browser. It doesn't matter which computer or which browser I use.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to log in to the email online user_d9f2u0. If you try the direct link connect.xfinity.com. Do you have the same issue? Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies on your browser? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here