U

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 3:09 PM

Closed

Emails to only Xfinity recipients bounce back

I work at a retirement community. Each week, various employees send out emails to all residents at the community.

Recently, we started getting bounce backs on ONLY the residents that use Xfinity email.

Server at mx1.mxge.comcast.net (2001:558:fd02:243f::2) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError

I can send individual emails to xfinity users, even the same email that was sent out to all residents, and they deliver fine.

We have been sending mail this way for years with no issues, then suddenly started having issues.

Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

6 months ago

Hi there! We are aware of this issue and our engineers are actively working for a solution. We will provide updates as we get them as we do not currently have an estimated time of repair. Thank you! 

1 Message

I am having the same problem with my bulk emails to my clients with comcast.net for about a month or more.

Call Microsoft and they said it was a Comcast problem, that they need to fix.!

Why so long to solve this problem with all your comcast.net customers?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_2bxqso Hello! We just wanted to check back with you to see if you were still experiencing issues when trying to send emails to Xfinity customers. If you are still having problems, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Has the issue on Comcast end been corrected?

3 Messages

I am the OP. When I initially tried to post the original Issue, Comcast wanted me to login. Well, I tried using my Comcast Business account and It did not like that. It never gave me any indication that the post was created or commented on, and I was unable to recreate to original account it mysteriously created for me. However, after much hoop jumping, I managed to create an account to access posting.

The first comment here says that there will be updates once issues are resolved. Has the issue been resolved?

3 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ It would be great to get an update on this issue.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same issue today. Emails to a distribution list go through for all but Comcast users... Three times in this past month. Worse is that I do not get notified of the bouncing emails until days later when it is too late to pass on the critical info. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Same problem - sent a group email and all the Comcast emails bounced - January 30, 2024

Official Employee

• 

811 Messages

@user_pugiil thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a reply. If you're sending out many emails at one time, the emails may be looked at a spam. 

The users may have Xfinity Advanced Security or spam filters set up causing the emails to be not be delivered. This article also has some information of blocked file extensions: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/limitations-on-sending-email. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Is this issue resolved yet? I mean you HAVE to know that it is completely unrealistic to contact every user with a comcast address on our bulk mailing list to check their Comcast security settings. This is affecting one of our clients and since it's a comcast issue it is in your court to fix.What is the active status on this and when can I expect to tell my client (an insurance company) that they can send out bulk mail and not have it be rejected by comcast mail servers? thank you for your prompt response to this issue that is affecting all comcast customers who may need bulk email that is NOT spam for things like insurance notifications. This needs to be fixed quickly.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @shiggitylockless were you able to review this article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/limitations-on-sending-email for a possible resolution? We can assist in further troubleshooting if you continue to have this mail issue. 

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@shiggitylockless​ This should not be an issue.  Are you still seeing the issue? Could you provide the timestamp of the last time it happened?  Thanks

2 Messages

5 months ago

Our church has a Livestream broadcast each Sunday morning and on Saturdays we send out a mass email with the specific link for this broadcast.

This email has approx. 90 email addresses of which 8 go to (comcast.net) and with these 8 each get the following error:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: PH0PR22MB3077.namprd22.prod.outlook.com
Receiving server: PH0PR22MB3077.namprd22.prod.outlook.com
Total retry attempts: 5

<email-address>@comcast.net
2/6/2024 2:47:22 PM - Server at PH0PR22MB3077.namprd22.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.300 Message expired -> 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'
2/6/2024 2:29:45 PM - Server at mx1.mxge.comcast.net (2001:558:fd00:4f::4) returned '421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError'

I agree with user_axvnu5 that we can send individual emails just fine.

When we migrated our email account from Gmail to Outlook 365 in December 2023 this issue started.

Hopefully we can resolve this quickly, thanks.

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@user_r85hcq​ Please send me a DM with the domain that is being used.  I'll take a look. 

2 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ Thanks for responding quickly, I'm sorry for not checking back.  The domain name is  Comcast.net

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@user_r85hcq​ I meant the domain of the sending site (feel free to send me a PM with that if you prefer to be private about it)

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

Ah, I see your PM now

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching back out and for your patience while waiting for a response, user_r85hcq. Just to confirm, is the group of 90 email addresses receiving the email from a Comcast email or a third party email?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

This issue is not resolved as it happened to our org with a group email yesterday (received the bounce notice this morning). All users are able to receive an individual email but when we send to a group we get the delayed 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError (org members who have been receiving email from us for years). Godaddy and MSFT both say its a comcast issue...how do we correct? 

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@VERNEA​ Could you send me a PM with the domain involved?  I'll take a look.  Click on my name, there's a three-dot menu on right side, and there should be an option to "Send Message"

2 Messages

I sent you a PM also as our organization is having this same problem

Official Employee

• 

3.6K Messages

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to our team on Forums. I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with Comcast email. My team is here to help and would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this with you. Can you please tell us a little more about what is specifically occurring on your end? 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Our company is having the same issue. It is very unrealistic to contact each client with a Comcast email and try to walk them through how to add us as a safe sender. 

1 Message

Our church has been having this same issue on and off for several months, it mostly happens with emails in distribution list, but only the comcast email addresses bounce back.  We use O365 onmicrosoft.com as our email provider. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

I have been having the same issue sending emails from Shopify.  90+% of the Comcast addresses bounce.  This began March 5 and is still going on.  Shopify says they are working on it but meanwhile.....

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@janhan​ I haven't heard from Shopify, but I have a contact over there. I'll reach out to them.  Thanks for the notice.

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@janhan​ They are indeed working on it.  This is unrelated to the general topic of this thread however, as they're facing a different situation.

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@janhan, thank you for reaching out using the Community Forum. Just to confirm you are not using any Comcast email addresses yourself but customers who are experience an issue receiving them from you?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Not resolved at all.  Shopify says Comcast must “whitelist” them but no one at xfinity support will do that.  Or anything else.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

And YES.  Email is sent by my Shopify store. @Comcast.net emails bounce.  Other domains do not.  Started in March.  

(edited)

2 Messages

3 months ago

I am also having this issue, I work at a nonprofit and we use a third party email systems (Virtuous) to send emails to our donors.

Recently, we started getting bounce backs on ONLY the donors that use Comcast email. I'm wondering if our domain/IP is being blocked by Comcast. We have already completed SMTP authentication. How else can we circumvent the spam filters so that our donors receive critical emails?

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@ahhhhhginger​ Please send me a DM with the domain that is being used for these, I'll be happy to take a look.  Click on my name, find the three dot menu (on the right side), and choose "Send Message".

2 Messages

@XfinityAlex I don't see a direct messaging icon, I can't find the 3 dots or a "send message" in your profile, and when I go to https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging it just automatically reroutes me to the main forums.xfinity.com page. 

I too ([Edited: "Personal Information]), am having issues with not receiving emails from mass distributors. In my case The NY Times being "throttled" and then timed out. The specific code they receive when a user is stuck in the delay cycle is 451 4.2.0 and the emails originate from the following URL's: [Edited: "Personal Information], [Edited: "Personal Information]yorktimes.com, and [Edited: "Personal Information]yorktimes.com . Would REALLY appreciate your help with this as i've had NO luck with phone calls/direct messages with Comcast directly & it seems as though you may have an answer....please pass along your resolution to the rest of your teammates. Thanks in advance :-)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_esqd9e, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Let me know if these instructions help. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same issue of sending multiple emails from a non-xfinity email to xfinity emails and having them bounce back. I tried to chat with the virtual assistant feature but was not able to get the help I needed. I also am not seeing a direct messaging icon despite attempting to follow earlier instructions for doing so from this forum. Please let me know how I can connect with someone about this. Thanks!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_aw6​ 

You need to wait until an Official Employee requests that you send a direct message, otherwise you're in violation of the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

843 Messages

@user_aw6​ I'm going to send you a DM to get some details.

1 Message

I am also having this issue with comcast.net recipients. Has anyone received resolution?

Official Employee

• 

816 Messages

Hello user_0tf0on. Please inform the recipients to check their spam folders to check their security settings for incoming emails.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here