K

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 1:45 AM

Closed

Emails sent to any comcast.net email is being rejected

Today I was informed that someone tried sending me an email to my comcast.net and they got a rejected email message. I then tried sending emails to multiple comcast.net emails right now from various domain emails and gmail, outlook etc and they all get rejected back immediately to the sending email address. 

Your message was rejected by the recipient email server. Please check the recipient's email address and try resending your message, or contact the recipient directly. For more tips to help resolve this issue, see DSN code 5.1.0 in Exchange Online - Office 365. If the problem continues, contact your email admin.

resimta-h1p-037584.sys.comcast.net gave this error:

<email removed>  sender rejected

Is there a Comcast outage?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @kilthro thank you for taking the time to make this post to share your experience to bring this to our attention! We want to ensure this is working as you need! I checked our current known issues and I am not seeing anything posted for email issues. I did see you mentioned below that you got an email to go through. Is everything working as it should for you now, or are there still some emails that are not going through successfully?

5 Messages

Hi there, things have appeared to be working just fine since 9:30 pm on January 30th. It was down for at least 30 minutes that day. Thanks for circling back.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@kilthro that is great news, I am glad that things are working for you again, and I greatly appreciate your paitence while we worked to make any corrections needed on the backend for your emails to work as you need. If you run into any more issues with this, please do keep us up to date! We'll always be here to make sure you are fully supported as you need!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Same problem, different senders, different days. What is going on?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_illeuq Hello, thanks for letting us know about this. I would like to take a closer look at this. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

@XfinityKatie​ This is not working.  My emails are being rejected sent by known individuals

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

7 months ago

I am experiencing the same issue.  Tried sending from various domains including my work email.

5 Messages

7 months ago

I just got an email to go through. Maybe now its resolved or being corrected.. It's definitely a Comcast server-side issue.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@kilthro​ I just got the email notifying me of the reply!  A couple emails also went through.    But before that, mails were getting rejected for at least 20-30 minutes.

5 Messages

@faithbur​ 

Agreed. Same experience here. I appreciate the confirmation. 

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

Hey there @faithbur  glad to hear that some emails were going through. Are those emails now sending/receiving correctly? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Only email at exfinity.com seems to be working.  No Apple devices and outlook are updating.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I am having the same problem.  Some emails that are being sent to me are being rejected by Comcast with the 5.1.0 error message (server rejected).  Not every email, just a few with attachments or links.  This has happened twice in the past days, not both at the same time.  I read that there should be a link in the rejected email that the sender can click to resolve. But there is no link.  t appears this is a Comcast issue where they have decided some emails could be spam.  Comcast, how do I resolve?

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@user_illeuq​ That (specifically "server rejected") is not a message that our systems generate.  Is there a prior deferral message?  Can you tell me who the sending domain is for the message?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

This is the message I have been getting for days. Any help would be appreciated

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@ked6​ If you have the full notice, that text could be helpful.  Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @ked6, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

1 Message

7 months ago

Same issue. Some email sent to my @comcast.net address is rejected. I get letters from businesses (e.g., my bank) saying things like "We tried to email you, but it didn't go through."

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@bradweeden​ I'll send you a DM to get some details

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @bradweeden, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

1 Message

7 months ago

I send email blasts through email software Iterable. For the past several weeks, comcast.net emails have been bouncing. Just since yesterday, I can track 1500 bounces. @XfinityAlex can you help me get my domain un-blocked? Our comcast clients are emailing us, upset that they aren't getting our emails.

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@eveeveve​ You'll need to send me a DM with more information, including the domain name

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi, eveeveve. Take a look at this article: Report a website blocked by Xfinity xFi Advanced Security You can submit a request to have a blocked website reviewed for possible unblocking. 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Legit emails are being rejected but yet SPAM is getting through. How can I check what is being rejected? It is various people/businesses.

Your message to <xxx> was automatically rejected:

unwanted

Can't do a live aent chat, the IT Assistant won't pass it through.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@user_8s3qrz​ Can you send me a DM with more details?   The sending IP or domain would be a huge help.

7 Messages

I submitted some information, has that been reviewed?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 months ago

All our sent emails to the users under "comcast.net" get bounced back! 

I have an identical issue. Whenever I try to send any emails to the comcast.net email address! I got the "resimta-h2p-561953.sys.comcast.net rejected your message to the following email addresses"

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@ywray​ Please send me a DM with the relevant information, such as domains and/or IPs.  Thanks

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAlex​ oneflight.net

"resimta-h2p-561953.sys.comcast.net rejected your message to the following email addresses"

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@ywray​ 

You need to send that information to @XfinityAlex in a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line not the Employee's name
• Press Enter to send it

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I submitted some information in private, but I still haven't got any response from you!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Happening again. My gmail address is being rejected by my wife's comcast account (several attempts). It also happens when I try to send messages to my own comcast account from gmail. Something appears broken with Comcast email servers again.

Official Employee

• 

858 Messages

@jskcrozet​ Going to send you a DM to get the email addresses involved.  

1 Message

Comcast email is having the same issue. I deleted it on my iPhone and tried to reinstall it and the error/rejection notices continue. 

1 Message

I'm having the same issue. Can't send a message to anyone with a comcast address.

1 Message

3 months ago

I am also hearing from friends that emails sent to my comcast.net account are "message blocked" with technical information that "the response form the remote service was: 530 5.1.0 sender rejected" any ideas what to do?

1 Message

I just tried to send an email from my gmail account to my brother who has an @comcast.net email account. I got that exact same message.

1 Message

I am having the same issue.  Sounds like Comcast has a problem that they need to address asap.

5 Messages

3 months ago

I am getting messages blocked if I send them from my gmail accounts to my comcast.net addresses. 

Your message to ........................has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:

530 5.1.0 <@gmail.com>sender rejected

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Having the same problem here.  Any gmail.com addresses is getting blocked by my comcast.net email addresses.  Bounce message reads:

Error Icon

Message blocked

Your message to xxxxxxxx@comcast.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

530 5.1.0 <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com> sender rejected

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

3 months ago

Same happening here now.  Email sent from any of my Gmail.com accounts to any of my Comcast.net accounts are being rejected by Comcast's servers and bouncing back to Gmail.  Error is:

530 5.1.0 <@gmail.com>sender rejected

Mail sent from my Yahoo email to Comcast is going through normally.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed with priority.  In fact, I have long had one of my Gmail accounts set to forward a copy of *every* email to one of my Comcast accounts.  That normally works fine, but right now all of the forwarded emails are being rejected by Comcast Mail.

Thanks.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@Rick441​ It's about 5 hours later and the issue seems to have resolved for me.  A test email from one of my Gmail accounts to one of my Comcast accounts went through OK instead of being rejected by Comcast's servers.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here