RobM117's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 11:43 AM

Closed

Emails aren't sent or received - emails moved to outbox - open emails to see what's wrong

Since 2:07 am today, my Comcast emails aren't being sent or received on my android Galaxy S series. I tried to send a test message to my own email address. It gets moved to my outbox with the message: "Couldn't send." I select the email that didn't send and it says: "Couldn't authenticate...the password or authentication method may be incorrect. Check your outgoing server settings, then try again." I then selected: "Settings" and it brings up the "Server settings" screen. I don't know what the fields should be, but haven't changed anything to my phone or settings or done a phone update. I did a soft and hard restart (pushed the down volume and power button together until restarted), but still not working. I can send and receive emails if I go directly to Comcast's email site. Help.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

6 months ago

All,

This morning we implemented a fix for customers who may be experiencing issues accessing or sending / receiving their Xfinity email on Samsung Galaxy devices through the Android OS Email app. However, the fix does require users to reauthenticate their Xfinity Email account—which requires that the account be deleted from the Email app and then added it back. We appreciate your patience as we worked to identify the issue and understand this fix may be frustrating. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

To delete you Xfinity Email account, please:

1. Open the Email app on your Samsung device. If you cannot find the app, swipe upward on your Home screen, then search for "email."
  2. Enter your login information, if prompted. Note: If this happens, you may stop here; the issue should be clear now. If not, continue on.
  3. Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the screen.
  4. Tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner.
  5. Tap on the Xfinity Email account. The email accounts will appear at the top of the Accounts list.
  6. Tap "Remove" located in the upper right corner.
  7. Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove your Xfinity Email account.

The email account should no longer appear in the Email app. At this point, you may be automatically prompted to Set up email.

If you’re prompted to Set up email, please:

1. Choose “Other”.
  2. Type in your Xfinity Email address and password.
  3. Follow the prompts to authenticate through Xfinity.

You can also find instructions on adding email accounts at Samsung.com.

Contributor

• 

203 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ So much for your "Official Solution". I simply opened my Samsung Email app 10 minutes ago. I was prompted for a login to my Comcast account and away I went, syncing up. I did not touch anything to do with the app since it failed to sync on Nov. 6.

This would appear to be a simpler method than what you've described!!!

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ I did this, twice, and all of my sub folders are empty.  I checked to make sure the tabs for them were selected to sync.....still nothing.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

Good morning. I removed my Xfinity email account from my Samsung email app and re-added it. This seems to have fixed this problem. I think Xfinity is now looking for "modern authentication." I found this online: 

Xfinity Email Modern Authentication for Samsung Email App

If you access your Xfinity Email through the Samsung Email app, we recommend enabling modern authentication to provide you with additional security protection.

FAQs

How do I enable modern authentication on my Samsung device?
It’s easy to protect your email with modern authentication. Just complete the following steps:
  1. Verify email is backed up.
    • Log in to Xfinity Email through our webmail portal and make sure the total number of emails aligns to what you see in the Samsung Email app.
  2. Remove email from the Samsung Email app.
    • Within the Samsung Email app account settings, select Remove on your Xfinity Email email account.
  3. Re-add email.
    • Within the Samsung Email app, from the Set up Email screen, follow the system prompts to add your Xfinity Email email account back to the Samsung Email app.
  4. Log in to Xfinity.
  5. Once authenticated, you can access your Xfinity Email  within the Samsung Email app as before, with added security protections.

1 Message

Thanks. Had the same issue. Fixed.

Why can't they just tell us to log out and back in again?!

Thank goodness for google!!!!

1 Message

@maevesmom2​  🙏🙏. 

One would think Xfinity would send out some sort of a general communication. 

1 Message

Thanks! Rockin' good news!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@maevesmom2​ 

Maybe missing something but number of emails don't match up since samsung app hasn't been receiving email for 3 days.  I guess I don't understand first step in solution.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

6 months ago

My samsung S21 Ultra phone and Galaxy watch were not syncing with comcast email account.  This is what I did and so far has been working since 8 AM today.

Phone

1. Cleared email cache

2. Deleted email account on phone

3. Uninstalled Samsung email in play store.

4. Power cycled phone

5. Added back comcast email account 

6. Installed Samsung email from play store.

So far still good

Watch

From wearable app on phone removed email app. Power cycled watch readded email and it worked and I started getting notifications.

Hope this helps others 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Solution that worked Comcast and Samsung Sync issue

3 Messages

I have done this 2x. It works for a few hours then stops again. Very frustrating! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same for me.  Have to keep removing and adding my xfinity email in samsung mail app.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@mgseabrook​ I can't find the exact settings to set it back up. Nothing is working with what I put in that Comcast says to enter. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

That didn't work for me. I've had to remove and re-add a few times now. It works for a bit, then stops working again. :-(

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @KathleenAP73 have you tried changing the password as well? There is also an implemented fix posted by my peer XfinityJessie 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

Try changing your password.  My husband and I each did that and our emails loaded.  So far, so good.

This comment was created from this reply

5 Messages

I was told that they have a problem that should have been resolved earlier well that didn't happen unfortunately. If you go to your account with them all your emails are there. You can also send emails and whatever on their website. Xfinitys website. I've been doing this all day.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 months ago

When I hit "done" at bottom of server settings screen, it tries to work, but I get an error message: "Couldn't verify account" then "Couldn't connect to your account. Check your account and server information, then try again." and an OK button.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2:07 am is the time the screen shows as last synced

1 Message

Same with mine. When is comcast going to fix their problem?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I had the same problem, so I uninstalled the Samsung e-mail app and reinstalled. Mail from several days ago is now downloading.

3 Messages

@RobM117​ I have the same exact problem. Worked great for three years and suddenly with no longer connect to incoming server at comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@RobM117​ Mine is doing the exact same same thing on my S22 Ultra. Last successful sync was the evening of 11/6. It is driving me nuts!!! None of my settings were changed. I hope there's another solution besides uninstalling and reinstalling the email app because I have 6 accounts set up and don't want to have to reconfigure them all! Comcast is the only one that is broken.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 months ago

I think, I hope, I figured it out. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung Email App and now it seems to be working. Fingers crossed! (I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier!?!?!?)

1 Message

I did this as well but after one successful sent email, it reverted back to the same error message.  Any other options?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

You know, once I reinstalled the Samsung Email App and the emails worked, I didn't check it again. But now it isn't working again. Shoot. I thought I figured it out but I don't know what to do now. A nap????

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@RobM117​ same issue!  Sounds like comcast issue.  Hoping they will fix it tonight.

1 Message

@RobM117​ My Samsung S22+ stopped comcast coming/going in the Samsung app last night, 11/06/23 at 10:30pm. Spent 4 hours at Verizon between chat and actually at the store. We could get it to work while at the store, get home and it ceases to function. Fortunately, I keep the direct comcast email site on my phone and am able to use it with out issues. But there are tons of things I cannot do on the direct that I neen my phone app for. We have multiple times removed the Samsung app, deleted it, reinstalled from App Store, reset all setting and the are what I always had and worked up until apparently Comcast did some kind of update or something. Now, it is 9:53pm in AZ and I am still knocked off the comcast access, again... My husbands phone is fine, our desktop is fine, just my phone! I wish they would stop making stupid changes and fix the messes they create faster. 

PLEASE: ANYONE FINDS A SOLUTION - POST IT! Or email me! I will keep checking back. Also, I see that the comcast app is now changing my settings to IMAP! I have never that I know of used IMAP! I don't want to use IMAP! The other way always worked fine and no issues.

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue as of Last night as well, I'm going to call comcast tomorrow and put in a Trouble ticket with Technical support..  I have a Galaxy S22 as well.  

2 Messages

6 months ago

I've having the exact same issues. Turned the phone off last night and not working today with the same error message. If you find a solution please post.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

6 months ago

Having the same exact issue. My email was working fine last night on my Samsung Galaxy s22 and this morning, nothing. Having the same error messages as you. Thank God I have a Gmail account that I can use until Comcast fixes this!!!

2 Messages

Yes! I had created a similar email name but with Gmail that I'm  currently changing over to.. just can't possibly remember all the places that only have the Comcast email as the only way to contact me. Comcast needs to do better..

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

2:39am on 11/7/23 was the last time my synced. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same, glad to find out it is there issue.

1 Message

Same issues encountered since yesterday.

1 Message

I hope they are woulrking on it. I tried to find out if they knew about the issue but could not login because I do not have a Comcast  account with them only an email.  

1 Message

Same. Deleting and re-adding acct works for a bit then dies again

1 Message

@bas157​ me too, Nov 7th was my last sync. I have no idea how to fix this 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Deleted the Samsung email app and reinstalled. Been working fine (5 email received) in the past 45 minutes. Fingers crossed that it keeps working. 

1 Message

I reinstalled as well but only works for a short period of time

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Same problem after reinstalled 

1 Message

Same here for me. Frustrating but glad it is not just me. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes with xfinity about another issue. told them about this issue and they gave me the technical support number. I don't know if this is an xfinity issue or a samsung issue.

1 Message

I can't get past the automated operator.  How did you talk to an actual live person?  Xfinity/Comcast has the worst customer service!

4 Messages

@user_bnshbu​ same, but after an hour or two it stops again.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Same problem on Samsung A32 - last sync 2:32am.  I can send/get email from other comcast accounts on the phone, and send/get email to the problem account on the web.  Nothing's changed on my phone - i was sleeping.  Get the same symptoms as above, sent emails put in outbox, can't authenticate error message, and going to settings and leaving them along but hitting 'done' gives 'can't verify account' error. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Same here....last sync was 2:32AM.  My husband's last sync was yesterday!  We've tried everything we can think of, but our Samsung S23s still are syncing.  Is Comcast working on this...does anyone know?

New Poster

• 

23 Messages

Having the same issue.

1 Message

Play store just says app is pending and just keeps spinning 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_a7fb2c​ same problem here too. 12 hrs since the last time a sync occurred. .I have a Galaxy A32 5G

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

506 Messages

@jayede Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 months ago

I suspect there was or still is a Samsung email app issue since we're all having the same issue. I tried this step and the email app is working again. I'll keep you posted if this stops working, too, and I'll see if there's another solution.

Clear the email app’s cache and data.

You can clear the app’s cache by navigating to Settings and then tapping Apps. Select the email app, and then tap Storage. Tap Clear cache.

To clear the app's data, navigate to Settings and then tap Apps. Select the email app, and then tap Storage. Tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will completely wipe the app and reset it to the original settings.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

I cleared all the data (step 2)

7 Messages

I did all this but it didn't fix the issue.

1 Message

This worked for mine, that was a long day with no email!

1 Message

Cleared data on mine still no emails, called T-Mobile and was told it's a Comcast/Samsung issue. They said it's happening with all cell phone carriers

1 Message

Cleared Cache and then cleared data. Had to add my 3 Comcast email accounts back on app but all is working now. Thanks RobM117!!!

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 months ago

I contacted Samsung help and they (through chat) told me to uninstall and reinstall the Samsung email app and it will work. The chat person said it was a Comcast problem, not a Samsung problem. But I wasn't looking for blame; just to get my emails working again. I guess, try that and the other steps above and see what happens. I'll post again if the issue arrises again. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Since 1:30AM central l've been having the same issue of no syncing only with Xfinity but not with Gmail or me.com. Rather than delete and reinstall the Mail app or clear all the data, I removed and added back the Xfinity/comcast email account. For now this is working

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Now the Samsung Mail app is no longer syncing with Xfinity on my Samsung Galaxy S20 although Gmail continues to work.  Problem must be at Comcast's end.

Thunderbird on my desktop however is syncing with Xfinity. 

Grr!

Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

Having same issue on my Samsung Galaxy A13 - I have (2) comcast.net email accounts with last sync of approx 1am 11/7/23.    I've reached out to Xfinity and had extended conversation with their "Advanced Repair" department giving them detailed info.  After convincing them it was not "just my issue/phone/account", they advised that there is indeed a software glitch of some sort affecting "some" Xfinity customers with account syncing.   Received a promise to "get back to me" when resolved, optimistically predicting by early morning of 11/8/23.
Rep was sincere & courteous but got the distinct impression that issue was just being uncovered and being recognized as more widespread than expected. 

1 Message

All that for me too.... just got off the 2nd chat with them.... now we wait....

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@BENMAC​ it's now afternoon and still no workie...

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

@BENMAC​ Comcast email on my Samsung S22 still not working November 8th 6:30pm EST Miami.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same problem today. I'm glad it's not just me.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here