U

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024 12:58 AM

Email search not working

My email search function isn't working properly. I first noticed the problem on July 27. When I search my emails by a sender's email address, it doesn't show most of the emails even though I can scroll down and see they are there. For someone I email frequently with, the search only showed emails from 2009 and before. I've never had this issue before. I can't figure out how to connect with Xfinity support about this issue. When I try to connect to an agent via the support chat it just keeps sending me in circles.

Official Employee

• 

519 Messages

1 month ago

@user_m4xq8i Thanks for sharing. Are you searching your email by visiting xfinity.com directly and signing in to your account? 

4 Messages

Yes I’m searching directly on Xfinity.com using the safari browser on my desktop and iphone

Official Employee

• 

519 Messages

@user_m4xq8i Great, and thank you. Clear the cookies and cache on your browser, then make sure it's restarted, so it has a fresh pull of data. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

This didn’t solve the problem. I also tried different browsers which didn’t help.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_m4xq8i Hello there! Thanks for using our Forums to contact our team. we are sorry to hear you were haing issues and if you still are we are here to assist. Please let us know! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Thank you - yes I’m still having the same problem. When I search my emails I don’t get the correct result. For example, when I search by a specific email, the results only show a few emails before 2010 and one recent email - missing 100s that this person has sent me from 2010-2024. At first I thought all those emails had vanished but I can scroll down and find them so the search function isn’t working. It’s the same problem on the safari browser on my iPhone and the safari browser on my desktop. I tried both chrome and Firefox on my desktop and had the same problem. I deleted my history and cookies and restarted and still have the same problem.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am having this same issue.  I cleared cookies and cache.  HELP! 

1 Message

I'm having the same issue.  I search under subject to find some recipes that I had saved and nothing appears.  Luckily I had also saved them in my gmail account so can find them there and sure enough it shows that they were sent to my comcast email as well.  Sometimes, I can find one in my "recipes" folder while other times I cannot.  Before, I could just search "all folders" and would find anything in any of my folders.  I have also cleared all my cookies and cache.  This is super annoying.   Xfinity please get this problem FIXED!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I now search on my iphone and find the date of the email I need and then go to xfinity.com and go to the date...not an elegant fix, but it gets me what I need.  

XFINITY...PLEASE HELP!!!

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

user_e55ab2 it looks like we reached out to you already in the direct message you sent us this morning to address this issue.

9 Messages

@user_e55ab2​ 

I had to scroll down by date, but that is very time consuming.  How did you search by date? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_z3yu37, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Make sure you are checking your email through Xfinity.com and not through a 3rd party email server. Let us know if you are still having an issue. 

9 Messages

1 month ago

Same issue here, and tried the restart also with no fix.

1 Message

20 days ago

Same issue.  Search function no longer working very well.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_t99ttr​ thank you for taking time to reach out over Xfinity Forums, I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing with the email search function. I did want to check as it has been a few days since you initially reached out, are you still experiencing the issue with email search?

1 Message

@user_t99ttr​ I am having the same problem.  Search is completely broken.  I search for the name of the sender or title of a message just received and search says nothiing found.  It's broken. Xfinity seems to be in denial.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here