U

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 12:55 AM

Email Not Working

Getting error message "Message could not be sent to the following recipients: (451 - 451 4.2.0 ... temporary failure)" for the past two hours. It's affecting other Comcast email users too.

3 Messages

4 months ago

Helpful to know that it isn't just me. Or my client configuration. 

2 Messages

Nope. I've already talked to two other individuals who use Comcast and they are getting the same error message. I have a Yahoo! back up email and it is working fine.

(edited)

1 Message

@user_zz46oh​ same for me just now

1 Message

Same thing happening to me in PA.  Frustrating

2 Messages

@user_zz46oh​   does anyhone know how long it will be down..or if anyone is doing anything about it even....this is so upsetting!

4 Messages

I am on the line with them now and they are about as lost as a goose in a blizzard!  I can send from my iPhone but not from the Laptop.  The person I initially spoke with was of no assistance of course.

1 Message

4 months ago

Getting same message - frustrating.

1 Message

4 months ago

Getting same error 4/2/2024 9:20PM EST

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_khgrhg I am sorry to hear you are running into issues with your email as well. Please let me know if you are still running into this and I would be more than happy to help look more into it for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

Same here......been happening for hours,  Very frustrating

1 Message

4 months ago

It's not you. I'm having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_qwjcqv! Are you experiencing this issue on all emails or on certain emails?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

4 months ago

I hope they credit our account for this inconvenience...   extremely frustrating!

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 months ago

Same. I was just trying to chat with an xfinity rep and getting nowhere. I can receive email but cannot send any email from xfinity and I have tried my Outlook, iPhone and xfinity webmail through browser. Nothing works. 

4 Messages

@rhinogulius​ iPhone working for now but otherwise same with me.

4 Messages

4 months ago

I'm getting same error on my computer.  But when I use an app on my phone for my email account, I can send emails there just fine.

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

which phone? which app? i cannot send comcast email from my iPhone either so I am curious

4 Messages

App I'm using TypeApp  using IMAP protocol.    Android phone.

(edited)

4 Messages

@user_rn7ndu​ iPhone working for now

3 Messages

I thought I was good on my phone too.... only to find emails stuck in my Outbox.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

Outgoing email hasn't worked for a few hours. Is anyone at Comcast going to do anything about it? Bueller. Bueller. Hello, anyone there?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @Mannyf, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a comment on our community forum. Are you still having this concern? 

1 Message

4 months ago

I got the same message and failure I can not sent email as well. What to do?

Official Employee

• 

759 Messages

@user_l3nxf3 Some users are reporting this as resolved. Are you still having issues sending emails?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same issue in Michigan!  451 - 451 4.2.0 ... temporary failure

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

same problem here in Virginia

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out, Gtrclktr! I'm sorry you're having issues with your email. Are you still having issues?

Regular Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 months ago

I can now send comcast email via iPhone where I couldn't before. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

I'm having the exact same problem here in Wilmington,  Delaware.  I'm using a PC.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hello Sneakerdog several users are reporting this issue as resolved. Are you now able to send emails again? 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue, very frustrating!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_ys243a Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an email issue?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here