U

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Friday, January 12th, 2024 2:46 PM

Closed

Email error in loading emails this morning

When I sign in I can't get any of my emails. I get An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. Then Error: failed to load messages. I have cleared my cache, cookies and history and retried it. The same thing happens.

I set up to receive my emails on my phone and I get the same thing.

Are your servers down?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

All,

This morning’s issue affecting customers’ ability to send/receive their Xfinity email has been addressed. You should now be able to use your service as you would normally, including seeing any missing emails. If you continue to experience these issues, please let us know.

1 Message

I am still having the issue 11 minutes after post from xfinity saying everything was fine.

4 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ 

In SW Florida at 1:06 pm Eastern time, incoming still e-mail not working for me on iphone, comcast mail website, or Outlook 365. Can you confirm your e-mail server is now up and functioning correctly?

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ 

Still having issues loading @ 1:20 eastern time

1 Message

problems also in Douglasville ga 301354 1:32 pm

1 Message

Still not working @ 1:46 in Virginia

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

All, 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please log out of your email completely, completely clear your browser cache/cookies/history for all time, and log back in. Please let us know if you continue to experiencing this issue once you have completed these steps. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

That didn’t work this issue is your end not ours

3 Messages

time out issue remains. Cleared cache/cookies/etc.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I have done this still have error issues

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ I have done all of these steps and restarted my computer and phone, and I am still having this issue.

2 Messages

@XfinityJessie​  My email has come back but only emails through 10:30 am.  2 emails appeared in Junk that came in after 10:30 am. I have logged out etc but still have the same issue. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same here in the Philadelphia area.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@emrosen69​ Sorry for you too. But everyone of my email folders have zero emails in them when I hover over the folder title. Same with yours? 

1 Message

@user_69abad​ same - have been on the phone with comcast to no avail

1 Message

Same here in SW Florida. Issues started mid-morning today

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Errors at 1:10PM ET for Thunderbird client accessing POP and IMAP servers, e.g.:

The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server mail.comcast.net responded: Message 1 expunged.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@WretchedRefuse​ The email account that is setup for IMAP eventually started working by itself; i.e. not when I was trying various possible solutions, so that was all xfinity.

The email account that is setup for POP kept giving me the "The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message." error, even after I cleared all history as XfinityJessie advised. (I deleted xfinity cookies in Firefox and used Thunderbird Tools/Clear Recent History.)

What fixed my problem was following advice from googling the RETR error... I used the browser interface to my xfinity mail and deleted all trash and spam AND one odd-looking email in my inbox (unknown sender, not message text) which was probably a message damaged by xfinity's server outage. Now it's working.

Again, this would help someone only if they've got client software like Thunderbird and they've defined the mail server as POP.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Same here in NH. 

Error

The connection to remote server imap-east.ge.xfinity.com was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@kenred​ I have several accounts getting that same message in NJ.

3 Messages

same here, same message, same state.  Im hoping there is a ticket open and that it is being worked.  Cant send emails.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

9 months ago

Same in Maryland. Started about 2 hours ago.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Same here. Very frustrating!! Any response Comcast?

2 Messages

It's ridiculous that they don't let us know this is happening. I tried to reach an actual person but of course that wasn't going to happen. I'm just glad it's not just me. Make sure to ask for a credit on your bill for the service outage, not that it's worth much. This company is the worst.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Same here in Delaware

1 Message

9 months ago

Mine is out in Philly as well.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_rhofy7 Are you still experiencing issues with your email? Can you provide more detail on what's happening so we can better assist such as if you are using a third party email client or logging in via our Xfinity page?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I'm having a similar issue.  All my active inbox-related folders suddenly reverted back to what was in them on January 3rd.  I've lost some important email.  

1 Message

@ebrtmyr​ I've lost back to 12/21/23.  Hope stuff can be recovered.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@ebrtmyr​ Mine is down today too. However last year something happened to emails I had from 2010-2022. I spent days on the phone and online trying to retrieve them and I never could. They were very important work related emails too. So aggravating.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

My email seems to have been restored.  I was offline for a few hours and how things seemed to be as they should be.  Thank you to those that put the fix in place.  It would be interesting to understand what caused the outage.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_3xpl95 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. If you are still missing emails please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

9 months ago

Same issue here in York PA area.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @DoverPARon

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Seems to be a general problem with server imap-east.ge.xfinity.com. Several email accounts here in NJ getting the same error.

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same here, everything gone after 12/23 nothing new coming in. Philly area 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_f53vsl have you already attempted the solution provided by Xfinity Jessie in this thread? It states to please log out of your email completely, completely clear your browser cache/cookies/history for all time, and log back in. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue once you have completed these steps. If the issue continues please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I'm in Indiana and same here.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

My area in Michigan is down as well. The snowstorm hasnt even started yet!

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

9 months ago

I am now getting the inbox screen with the folders' names and but only the first two emails for today loaded. I am in the Nashville area.

1 Message

Also in Nashville area no email access

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_86acnt. Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue. This was a known problem that has been addressed. Are you still experiencing issues with the emails? 

1 Message

I am having this exact same problem that started tonight, on June 24, 2024.  I cannot send nor receive any of my Xfinity/Comcast email from my MacBook, from my iPhone, from any web browser.   "Error - An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."  I've logged out, turned off my laptop, my iPhone, logged back in, etc. This is not a problem with the cache, as I get this same error message on my MacBook laptop's native Apple email and my iPhone's native Apple email, as well as any browser.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_7eics5, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Email service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Are you experiencing any issues when signing in to the main Xfinity Email web portal to access your email? Please be sure to pay attention if you are signing in using your Xfinity ID. Due to recent security changes, you may be prompted to change/update the password. By being able to sign in, that will help us get a base on where the issue may be and help us troubleshoot further. We hope to hear from you soon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here