Lbg13's profile

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024 4:24 PM

Email Down - imap server error - can’t search or reply

Second day now can’t search emails or get reply’s to go out. Search only brings up the most recent emails. Chat support has been worthless and wasted 3 hours yesterday. 

I have tried safari, chrome, and my iPhone. All have issues timing out while trying to reach the imap server West. 

I am at a loss on how to solve. I can’t connect with my clients or get any work done here. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same issue. When I try to send  an email, which went to the draft folder because it couldn't connect to Xfinity to be sent, I get the following message:

Error

The connection to remote server imap-east.ge.xfinity.com was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later.
Xfinity, please fix this or provide an update as to what's going on.
Thanks for your help.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

I can report that my issues cleared up the morning of July 31, so I was able to search and send email again. The draft emails I was working on that didn't get sent during this issue disappeared from my Drafts folder.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

Worked for a bit today but now can’t search inbox. Sent email search works but not inbox. Xfinity email service is useless at this point. A main reason I never switched providers. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

As I reported upthread, I was happy that things were back to normal for me the morning of July 31, though if you note from the error message I posted, my email deals with remote server imap-east, not imap-west, which seems to be the source of your problem. I hope this issue is fixed ASAP, as it's been going on for a few days. Like you, I've always valued the email service that comes with Xfinity, and I'm also a long-time customer, so I hope they keep supporting us loyal folks and our email!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Ms_Tessie we love that you use the included email so much! Glad that things cleared themselves up, but are always here to assist in any way possible. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 months ago

@Lbg13 Hi there! We are sorry to hear that you are having email issues. We understand how important it is to get this resolved. Our awesome team is here to help! 

What email client are you using? 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

[Edited: "Personal Information"] is the problem email.

today things are the same.  Can’t search in box. Can’t send. 

yesterday I was told the email is in legacy status and not associated w my account. That never should have happened. It should be associated with my home account. (I also have a business account but it doesn’t even have email)

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I am not using a client. I am logging in to Xfinity and clicking “check email” 

the email address mentioned doesn’t work right on multiple browsers, locations or my phone. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are glad to take a closer look at this for you @Lbg13!  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I have been messaging.  Stuck on the phone again with support.  Just now getting transferred for the 3rd time today.  Going to try to explain this again to someone that won't understand.  

1 - Cant send email either new or reply ... I get a remote server imap west error

2 - Cant search email...Occasionally results come up but server error if trying to search email "body" for word

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Made some progress but can’t search in mail body for keywords and when searching emails by sender only emails from 2023 and older come

up. I can see an email from a week ago but it will not come up in search. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 month ago

I am still having problems.  Support just went completely quiet on me and never followed up.  Some things got better but I still cant search in "All Folders" or "Email Body" for key words.  It goes to the server error.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here