Continuing issues with legitimate emails being sent to SPAM folder
After 3 unsuccessful calls to Comcast Technical support, hoping somebody will offer a solution here:
Background: I have one Comcast email set up on my account. I access my email sent to this address in multiple ways:
1. In the web interface on xfinity.com
2. On my iMac using the native MacOS mail client.
3. On my iPhone using the native iOS client.
Behavior: No matter what access method I use from the list above, the behavior is the same. Legitimate emails get sent to SPAM immediately, or they show up in my Inbox temporarily, then something (maybe a software agent runs?) moves them to SPAM. This includes email from Xfinity! But it does not happen to all legitimate emails. It happens to approximately 1/2 of the legitimate emails sent to me. During one of the troubleshooting calls, the agent sent me two test emails that showed up in my Inbox. Then, 5-10 minutes later they were in my SPAM folder. This can happen to many legitimate email senders. The following is a list of things I/we have tried:
1. Right click the email and mark it as not SPAM. Result - the email moves to the inbox and then something moves it back to SPAM in 5 or less minutes.
2. Adding the sender to my contact list. Tried this on the web and with my Apple clients. Result - no change at all.
3. Turning off SPAM filtering completely. Result - no change at all.
4. Adding legitimate sending email addresses to a mail rule to always allow into the inbox. Tried this on the web and with my apple clients. Result - No change at all.
Current Status: My issue was escalated to a Tier 2 analyst today. The issue was not solved. The analyst stated that this would be escalated even further. Still waiting for a solution because after 54 minutes on the phone, the agent's phone line dropped. She decided to call me back on my home phone number to give me a ticket number, instead of the phone I was using to speak to her. I hope that she left a message because I am not home to receive her call! She should have just called me right back on my mobile phone! Help!