FeedbackToo's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 10th, 2024 5:19 PM

Comcast Email Issues - Incoming emails can sometimes take from 1-6 hours or even more to be delivered

I am experiencing significant delays in receiving email, very sporadically for the past two weeks. An incoming email can take from 1-6 hours or more to reach my inbox, as confirmed by the time stamp.  The sender is in my Comcast address book.  The emails are not landing in my Spam folder and the sender's domain is not blocked.  I have the same sender sending emails to my Gmail account and I always get them within minutes of them being sent.   Delays were not always a problem.  I used to get the emails within 10 minutes of them being sent out.  Did you make changes to your email server protocals late April/early May?   The senders email address is: [Edited: "Personal Information]   These are important business emails and I am unable to respond in a timely manner due to the delays.  Thank you for looking into this issue and hopefully providing a resolution.  DRD

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

8 days ago

FeedbackToo Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out about this email concern. I appreciate you sharing the details of what you have checked beforehand. Can you also please share how you are accessing your email? Is the delay present everywhere? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am accessing it on my iPhone 15 MaxPro using the Outlook mail app that has been configured to Comcast config specifications for server access.  FYI, I finally did receive the email in question - two days late.  The email sent on May 10 at 8:12am finally arrived on May 12 at 2:14 am.  These emails started have delivery issues about two weeks ago .  Prior to that I usually received them within 15 minutes. 

Official Employee

• 

647 Messages

FeedbackToo Thank you for the update, have you noticed any improvement in when the emails are being received? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here