U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 7:32 PM

Cannot setup email accounts on my Samsung phone.

A couple of days ago, I noticed my email was not syncing with my Samsung Phone or my Samsung Tablet.  However, it is syncing with Outlook on my laptop.  I’m also able to log in online with no issues.  Today, I tried deleting my two Comcast email accounts from both my tablet and phone and re-added them.  It worked just fine with my tablet and my emails are up to date now, but I was unable to re-add my accounts on my phone.  I keep getting the error message.  “Couldn’t connect to your account.  Check your account and server information, then try again.  I’m using IMAP and the same settings as used by my tablet, which is working fine now.  I’ve tried clearing the cache and data and rebooted the phone several times.  Nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

25 days ago

Hello @user_2t9x10! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums! I apologize that you have experienced issues accessing your emails on your Samsung phone. We implemented a fix for customers who may be experiencing issues accessing or sending / receiving their Xfinity email on Samsung Galaxy devices through the Android OS Email app. However, the fix does require users to reauthenticate their Xfinity Email account—which requires that the account be deleted from the Email app and then added back. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

To delete you Xfinity Email account, please:

Open the Email app on your Samsung device. If you cannot find the app, swipe upward on your Home screen, then search for "email."

Enter your login information, if prompted. Note: If this happens, you may stop here; the issue should be clear now. If not, continue on.

Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the screen.

Tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner.

Tap on the Xfinity Email account. The email accounts will appear at the top of the Accounts list.

Tap "Remove" located in the upper right corner.

Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove your Xfinity Email account.

The email account should no longer appear in the Email app. At this point, you may be automatically prompted to Set up email.

If you’re prompted to Set up email, please:

Choose “Other”.

Type in your Xfinity Email address and password.

Follow the prompts to authenticate through Xfinity.

You can also find instructions on adding email accounts at Samsung.com.

3 Messages

I had already done that before I contacted you.  It only worked for the Samsun tablet.  Not the phone.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

@user_2t9x10 I apologize that those steps did not resolve your issue, and my apologies for not understanding that you had already completed those steps. I found further steps that other users have taken to resolve their Samsung email issues in this link: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/emails-arent-sent-or-received-emails-moved-to-outbox-open-emails-to-see-whats-wrong/654a22f0329c7c21959a78a8?commentId=654e762120a91817c990dd31. Can you please let me know if any of the steps that worked for other users work for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

anyone with a solution here?  i have removed my comcast email account from the samsung email app.  changed my xfinity password twice.  each time tried to add the Xfinity email account to the app and keep getting "couldn't verify account"

3 Messages

I am having the same issue. I have done everything.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_w96r7x! Thank you for reaching out to our team on Forums! I apologize that you are also experiencing issues accessing your emails on your Samsung device. Just to confirm, you have followed the steps to reauthenticate your Xfinity email account. Is that correct? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

25 days ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried all of the suggestions. I do not have any e-mails showing for today. This is beyond frustrating!

7 Messages

Install x app because of 2 step authentication it will ask to approve or deny.

2 Messages

25 days ago

I qm having the exact same issue. None of the suggestions have solved it. So frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Hello @user_9a11y6 Thanks for reaching out about the issues you're experiencing with your email on your Samsung device. I appreciate you letting us know the above steps did not work for you. I would like to troubleshoot more with you so we can provide a resolution for you. Can you check your settings and confirm everything is correct?

I have a link that has the settings and sever details and more. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

1 Message

25 days ago

Same!  Please find a resoluton!

1 Message

25 days ago

Same. I have tried everything including changing ports, security types, and troubleshooting all advanced settings. I got around it by ditching the Samsung email app and setting Comcast email up to pull into my Gmail app instead. Why do these things happen suddenly?? Beyond frustrating. 

7 Messages

Because of 2 step authentication you have to install x app it will pop up for you yo approve or deny.  Then proceed.

2 Messages

25 days ago

I am have the same issue beginning at 1:00AM EDT. I also deleted my account and attempted to re-add it. While re-adding, authentication to the server occurs (verified via my account history) however i continue to receive the server issue. I also verified the manual settings stated in the referenced link - no success

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_omf785 Thank you for confirming that you've tried the troubleshooting steps. Can you confirm is this is on a mobile device? If so is it an Xfinity Mobile device or connected to your in home Wi-Fi network?

2 Messages

@user_omf785​ same here 1am stopped working, spent 3hrs on phone with Verizon, not fixed.

1 Message

25 days ago

I also have tried everything. I deleted the xfinity email acct and restarted my phone, no change. My email is working fine on my computer not my phone. Help

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5iykxh Welcome to our community forum! Are you able to access your Email successfully when you visit our site? If so, that means your account is working properly and there's an issue with the settings in the third party app. Please review these instructions step by step and make sure your settings match exactly what's listed. 

7 Messages

Install x app when you add your email it will ask for you to approve or deny.  

Re 2 step authentication.

1 Message

25 days ago

I am also having the same issues & tried everything.  Android stopped syncing at 1:13 am & laptop won't send/receive emails.  Ask me to input email & password and doesn't accept.  I know it's correct because I can log into emails directly through Xfinity.  HELP!!!!!!   Very frustrated just like everyone else

2 Messages

25 days ago

I am having the same issue as all others. Email has been removed. Cache cleared, app un-installed and reinstalled on Samsung phone and password changed 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_h2qmqw! I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue with your email. Did you power-cycle your phone and change the password before trying to reinstall the email app? It seems like there may be an additional security element with the modern authentication protocol that keeps getting stuck for everyone.

Please keep an eye on this thread. We will make sure the solution is posted as soon as a fix has been confirmed.

2 Messages

25 days ago

Same issue, and I'm missing important emails.  Tried deleting the accounts and re adding and getting the "couldn't verify" popup.  It works using the online site, but I have my email app inbox setup for notifications.

3 Messages

I'm having the same issue since earlier this morning 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_fxrdav There is a known issue our engineers are working to get to the bottom of. Are you able to access your email at Xfinity.com? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_jm6usy! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. Thank you for sharing what steps you've already tried. Our engineers are working on a fix with Samsung right now, and we will post an update on this thread as soon as a solution has been communicated to us.

2 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ all of a sudden there is a known issue??????

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Yes, user_iv09fk! It seems to be the case. 

1 Message

25 days ago

I am having the same issue and have tried all solutions above and none have worked.  This obviously has to be a bigger issue than Comcast is letting on. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_s16cip Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and we hope to have this resolved soon. In the meantime, we would recommend accessing your email through our site while this is being worked on.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

25 days ago

I am having the same issue! PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning scs528, can you check to make sure you have all the most recent updates for your device? Thank you so much for getting us in the loop. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

25 days ago

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Cleared cache, deleted and re-added the account, rebooted numerous times before and after attempting numerous fixes. My last sync was 1:03 a.m.  According to an earlier post someone else mentioned that they have had this issue since 1:00 a.m. (for me, it's Eastern time). It seems like there was some patch or fix that ran around 1 a.m.-ish EST that caused a problem. None of the articles you listed has helped. 

1 Message

24 days ago

Same issues here. Tried numerous things with Comcast tech help, but can't re-establish on Samsung email app. I was alerted to the problem due to long syncing times over the last few days. Outlook app working better but still asking for sign in verification often, suggesting a general issue on the Comcast xfinity side. Uninstall-install of apps does not solve problem. 1.5 hours with tech help and we couldn't pinpoint the problem unfortunately. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_wvju49 Thank you For reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I understand you have already tried to remove and re-establish the email app on your phone but thought I would provide all the steps in case something was missed. Please give it another try and let us know how it goes. We appreciate your patience as we worked to identify the issue and understand this fix may be frustrating. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

To delete your Xfinity Email account, please: 

1. Open the Email app on your Samsung device. If you cannot find the app, swipe upward on your Home screen, then search for "email."
  2. Enter your login information, if prompted. Note: If this happens, you may stop here; the issue should be clear now. If not, continue on.
  3. Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the screen.
  4. Tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner.
  5. Tap on the Xfinity Email account. The email accounts will appear at the top of the Accounts list.
  6. Tap "Remove" located in the upper right corner.
  7. Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove your Xfinity Email account.

The email account should no longer appear in the Email app. At this point, you may be automatically prompted to Set up email.

If you’re prompted to Set up email, please:

1. Choose “Other”.
  2. Type in your Xfinity Email address and password.
  3. Follow the prompts to authenticate through Xfinity.

You can also find instructions on adding email accounts at Samsung.com.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I've done that at least 5 times. That doesn't work. It gives an error message: "Couldn't connect to your account. Check your account and server information, then try again." I can get to my mail through the web.

3 Messages

Same issue here.  Was syncing slowly over the last week.

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

24 days ago

Same here!!! On phone with them. (live...) No help to be found yet.......

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@suzanne-s​ They cannot figure it out. Has anyone else noticed the syncing was a bit "off" (not syncing right away) after the update a few weeks ago on Samsung?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

suzanne-s, Thank you so much for your patience with us through this. Have you checked if you have turned on access for the Samsung email app?

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ Yes--Rep had me check that, change password, sign in on xfinity app, clear cache, etc....nothing is working. 40  minute wait on phone now for next available representative.

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

On with second rep after 30 minute wait. Not sure anyone will be fixing this over the phone.......

1 Message

Same issue. Syncing email was constantly appearing over the last week. I deleted my account and now can't when I go to create account and login it says couldn't connect to your account check account and server information, and try again. Confirmed all info and still no luck. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here