Nicklebee's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 4:43 AM

Cannot access secondary email address - It's also missing from Accounts & Identity

My secondary email address stopped receiving mail, both through web browser and third party email app. 

I am signed into my primary account. When I look under Account & Identity that secondary email is no longer listed - so I can't change the password for it. Even though I've used the email account very recently, I've followed instructions to see if I can reactivate an inactive secondary email address just in case that's what happened but there was no option for me to do so. This secondary email was used over the past week just fine. I only received an error while checking the secondary email today - both through third party email app and Xfinity email through the web browser.

When I try to access the email through Xfinity email via browser the two error messages I get are "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them," and "The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them." 

Not sure where to go from here but I very much still use and need that secondary email. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I'm having the exact same problem.....worked great till yesterday....!!   Any resolution to this problem.....??   Any answer....??

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Exact same issue. I see know where to reset my secondary password either. 

Come on Xfinity, Get it together.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, Nicklebee! I'd be more than happy to help you figure out your email issue. I do want to take a look at your under ID and your account to see what I can find. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Same problem.  Two of three secondary email users evaporated at noon June 4th.  Strangely, all secondary e-mail addresses work to send e-mail, but not to receive messages.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

jeff63 I would be happy to look into the specific emails you are having trouble with.

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Check this link, that may be related:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information

Seems you cannot add email *at all* for secondary users now. There is a lot of old Comcast support documentation that is just plain wrong, since June 4 2024 change.  Is comcast trying to get out of the email service business altogether?  I wonder did removing the ability to add new emails related to the disturbances being posted about just trying to use existing secondary account emails.

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having this same exact issue. None of my secondary email accounts are listed under my primary account so I cannot change the passwords. 

This comment has been converted into a post

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

24 days ago

I am having the same problem. Been on the phone with Comcast for 2 1/2 hours. No luck. Did you ever figure out how to solve the issue?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@IrenePVB​ 

I am having the same problem. Been on the phone with Comcast for 2 1/2 hours. No luck. Did you ever figure out how to solve the issue?

Are you saying you have a secondary email account you can't access?  When was the last time you logged into connect.xfinity.com [the website]?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

IrenePVB - Are you able to access your email via Xfinity Connect? What email client are you using and have you double-checked your password there?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

1 Message

19 days ago

I am having the same issue. Mine started last week. Any resolution yet?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_9gfyyg​ 

I am having the same issue. Mine started last week. Any resolution yet?

Is this a secondary account?  Do you usually download your messages to a 3rd party client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  When was the last time you signed in to the website? [https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite]

If you have always signed in to the website to access this account [secondary?] but you aren't able to access it, you will need to call Customer Security Assurance.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_9gfyyg I see our Expert @Again provided great information already. If you are still having issues were you able to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here