U

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 1:03 AM

Promised a free watch….that was a lie

Using chat to talk about service and was offered a free iwatch. (Not even what I was asking about) so I agreed and was told at least 2 times it would be free. I have the transcript saved as well. Apparently the agent forgot to tell me some important steps and now I’m told there’s nothing they can do. And no one will put me in touch with a manager to get this sorted out. I shouldn’t have to pay for something I was promised!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hey there, user_5qcfww, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your watch offer. We definitely want to ensure you are receiving the correct promotion for your watch. Have you already reached out to Xfinity Mobile through chat and phone support?

2 Messages

Both, numerous times. But because 1st agent never told me I had to signup for rewards and I’m past the “return” stage they said there’s nothing they can do. Except get a 2nd watch. Not gonna happen. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_5qcfww, thanks for trying those methods and we'd love to take a deeper look. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

is there a free watch offer 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Pinheadchloe. I currently don't see any promotional deals offering a free smartwatch. You can definitely log into your profile to see what promotions are available in your area that include a smartwatch.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 month ago

I’m having the same experience. This is just theft. Not explaining things. Saying it’s free. Then requiring members to open and activate the watch before they can return it- thus restocking fee- who knows what else. I also was told it was completely free and I said no 3 times. It was brought back up and i finally said fine. I’m taking the boxed watch to the xfinity store and canceling my service 

4 Messages

You have no idea. Hours of phone calls, they say they're letting me return the watch but will send me a new one and reimburse me all the monthly charges. Now I have 2 watches and the Xfinity store says they can't help.  I've been lied to by no less than four people from the Xfinity call centers over the past three months. Lie after lie after lie. That is the truth!

I'm calling my bank then I'm potentially pursuing legal action.

1 Message

1 month ago

Same thing happened to me today!  I was connected to a text session with (supposedly) a tech support rep to help me with a problem activating my cable modem.  The tech introduced himself as “Joshua” and took all my pertinent information and claimed he would be able to fix my problem from his end.  About 45 minutes went by with nothing happening, so he starts a conversation asking what I like about where I live, and I asked where he was.  He said Mumbai, and did I know that qualified for a free Apple watch.  Then he sent a pop-up link which started out by asking me to provide my SSN - so I stopped right there and said I would look for the promotion myself on the Xfinity site.  After that - CRICKETS!  He went silent and never responded.   I think  finity has somehow gotten it’s automated help system entangled with one or more stealthy scammers, and need to look into it immediately!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_w25tbn Thanks for your comment. I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your recent experience. We'd like to help. Were you able to get the cable modem issue resolved? Or do you still need assistance with it? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here