U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 6:16 PM

Not Receiving Device Credit

I purchased a Google Pixel 8 phone that was advertised as free with device credits. I did have problems getting the phone number ported from TracFone despite phone calls to Xfinity Mobile, 3-way conference calls (from Xfinity Mobile to TracFone), chats with Xfinity Mobile etc. I have been told via chat that I would receive device credits when the phone number was ported in. That hasn't happened. I was told on another chat that I would start receiving device credits within 30 days of porting in the phone number. That hasn't happened either.

So far there have been two completed billing billing cycles without receiving a device credit and we're now more than halfway through a third.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_aaa126 we would be happy to look into this with you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 
To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Why bother having me send a DM when this is the reply?

Thank you for reaching out @user_aaa126 . I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below.

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

user_aaa126 please reach out via those methods and let us know if you are able to get this resolved there. Thanks 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRuben​  The reason I'm here is because I have now spent several HOURS on the phone, over the course of two months, with people on those answering services, only to be left hanging.  
I just got off the phone with a second agent who promised me that I will get a credit, but that it just had to be approved.   I'm not holding my breath...

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

joshc13, I completely understand. If you do change your mind and want assistance please send us that provate message and e'll help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Same!!  Strangely, the first billing cycle had a credit, but the next two have not!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

That was the same with me. First billing cycle Promo Bill Credit ($29.16) then no more device credits.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

Update: I chatted with Abhishek using the link Xfinity provided.

user_aaa126 as I can see that device  Google Pixel 8, Obsidian,, 128GB is qualified for the promotion from our end and for the credit related we have a special dedicated team on 1-8-8-8-9-3-6-4-9-6-8 I request you to please contact our team for this query they will surely help you with the best possible resolution 

So I called the 888 number which is the same number Xfinity had provided in their reply to my DM. Spoke first to a representative and told her what the issue was. She transferred me to another representative that she said was in the Mobile Department. I thought that is who I was talking to. The first representative told me to mention that she had made notations in my account. The second representative said she could help. I was talking with her and she was looking into it/investigating etc.  After a 20+ minute period of total silence (I had put my phone on speaker) I asked if someone was still there. She said she was and had been conferring with a colleague and was seeing if there was a workaround for the issue. Because of the fact my phone number wasn't ported in from TracFone within 30 days they could do nothing about device credits. But she did offer a $20 customer service credit. Not quite the same as 23 months of device credits at $29.16 per month!

It didn't matter that I had attempted to port in the phone number the day after the phone was delivered to me. Didn't matter that I had done a 3-way conference call with both Xfinity Mobile and TracFone where supposedly everything was good to port over. Didn't matter that Xfinity opened a ticket and then closed it stating "There is no further action required." Those were well within the 30-day porting in period.

A month and a day after I first tried porting in my number my Xfinity Mobile account still showed the status as Step 2 Confirm identity with a check mark next to it.

On that status page way back then: Your Pixel 8 is activating........No need to call us about the status of your activation. We'll email you at xxxx@aol.com if there are any issues and when your device is done activating.

None of that matters. Per the last representative there are no workarounds.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Update Number 2

After posting my original update I received contact through DM. Once verifying my account and best email/phone numbers to contact me at I received an email from someone at XM Executive Resolutions. Then I received a phone call from this same individual. I must say that by far they were the best rep I have dealt with in this fiasco. A successful resolution to the issue was obtained. Thanks C.R.!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_aaa126 Thats great news! Would it be safe to get our thread closed as resolved as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

........sure..........

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here