Mr-DJ's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2024 10:36 PM

Apple Watch Series 10 vs $300 Platinum Rewards discount?

Xfinity currently has a Rewards offer for Platinum members for $300 off of Apple watches that ends on Sept 21.  Since they are now out of almost all series 9, and the series 10 is supposedly out now for pre-order prior to Sept 20 - will I be able to order a series 10 instead?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

15 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @Mr-DJ! The $300.00 discount off smartwatch Xfinity rewards is a diamond and platinum tier promotion available from March 22 to October 10, 2024. Looking over the promotion’s details Eligible smartwatches include all Apple, Google, and Samsung smartwatches.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Could you provide a link to that for me please?  I cannot find where it says it has been extended to October 10 (from Sept. 21). 

I would need to know for sure and have proof before going into one of your stores.

Thanks,   

Mr-DJ

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The details should have updated when you log into rewards, the stores would be aware of any date changes. To get the reward promotion you would need to place the order online, the reward cannot be applied at a local store. You will be given a code on the Xfinity rewards and you will apply that in the checkout on Xfinity mobile. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

No, the dates did not change.  I just checked again, and it still says Expires Sept 21st, including in their associated Terms and Conditions.  It also says nothing about having to purchase only online. The closest statement about WHERE to buy is only where it mentions having to pay additional taxes whether purchased 'online' or 'in the store' seen here ....

"Applicable taxes for the full smartwatch amount are charged when smartwatch is shipped (or when smartwatch is fulfilled in a Xfinity retail store) and are in addition to the monthly charge." - Copied directly from the terms of the Apple Watch $300 Reward terms.

And in fact, when I first checked on taking advantage of this reward in an Xfinity store (prior to the Series 10 coming out) the salesperson in the store was ready to complete this Rewards deal right there in the store.  He never said I had to purchase online.

So, again - can you send me a link to any part of the Xfinity web site that indicates this $300 Apple Watch Reward showing an October 10th expiration date. Or a screen print from own Rewards screen. Anything I can use as proof of that date.

Thanks so much for assisting on this. DJ

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Mr-DJ

Since the rewards offer is exclusive to rewards customers there's no actual link we have to send out.

Our latest information shows March 22–October 10, 2024 — Existing Xfinity Mobile customers who are enrolled in Xfinity Rewards in the Diamond or Platinum tier only

• Eligible smartwatches include all Apple, Google, and Samsung smartwatches.
  • Eligible customers must purchase an eligible device with a DPP and activate a new smartwatch line within 30 days of the order.
  • Customers must locate offer code from the Xfinity Rewards platform.

• The offer code must be entered during checkout.
    • Each coupon code can be used up to five times, whether in one single transaction or multiple transactions.
  • $10 monthly smartwatch fee still applies.
  • Backorders are eligible, but out-of-stock devices are not eligible.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

I do appreciate all of your help, and prompt replies.  The good news is now that the original Sept 21 deadline has passed, I received an email with the new offer that extends from Sept 21st to Oct 10th, again for $300 off and includes the new Apple Watch Series 10.  Yay!

I have a related question since you have been so helpful. While I understand I have to add a new line in order to service the Apple Watch, I am looking into upgrading my iPhone 13 to an iPhone 16 as well at the same time.  There is also a discount for that which requires - a new line.  Will Xfinity honor my new Apple Watch line as the new line requirement for upgrading my phone?  Otherwise, I have no use for a SECOND new line.

Does that make sense - what I am asking? - DJ

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here