U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 8:06 PM

Closed

Home touch screen is double beeping

Started this morning. Tested connectivity which failed though all signal strengths are strong. Manually connected to wifi successfully but still beeps, still fails connectivity test. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Once an hour on the dot the tablet does one beep. I made sure it was plugged in properly and changed outlets. Checked there were no alerts on it. Checked all the devices that transmit to it and they all say their batteries are good and have a good connection. Rebooted the tablet as well but is still happening. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Security tablet beeping

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I'm having the same issue with my touch screen. The my account app doesnt even show that I have home security. I know I do because I pay the bill for it every month. I can't get an agent to answer on the chat.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

There’s another thread started with this issue. It is many pages long. Stupid question but did you check in the upper left corner for any error messages as well as the Home app on your smart phone or tablet? Maybe your router needs rebooted. It is alarming that so many are having this issue. We previously had this occur when the touchscreen didn’t have any cellular service and the touchscreen needed replaced.  I do know that our touchscreen did an update recently.  Call for technical support. You may need a tech visit. 

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Thanks for making our team aware of this. We've got your back. Do you receive any alerts along with the beeps? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_880348 Did you have a chance to check your notification settings to see if a sensor is triggering the beep? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-notification

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Mine has been doing the quick beeps every hour starting today as well

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Me, too. Xfinity are you there?

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Yes, @sewcrow I am here. I would love to help and investigate further.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Came here for answers as mine has started doing this today 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. Started today. Intermittent double beeps. Also couldn't launch my Xfinity home security app even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_5b1187, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We are more than happy to help. The issues with our app and touchscreen should be resolved. I just want to check, are you still experiencing the beeping on your end?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same here. Located in LaGrange, IL. Where is everyone else.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing in California 

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_d23628 Thank you for letting us know about this. Are you still experiencing the beeping? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing in Pennsylvania.  Started early afternoon.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.. two beeps every minute.. it’s annoying. No error messages on touch screen either. Northern California. I do know the Xfinity home app has issues and xfinity is working on it. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

*SOLUTION*. I changed the batteries in my touchpad.  It beeped a few more times and has finally, mercifully, stopped!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_a0e5f2​ I have a digital touch screen that’s beeping.. my solution will be throwing it out the window in 5 more minutes lol 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’m also in northern CA and yeah it’s my touch screen. Very annoying! 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

That is not good @SSinner  . I would love a chance to investigate.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

That is great @user_897934. I also appreciate you circling back with what has worked for you. We are working hard to ensure everything is up 100% for everyone. Thank you for all your time, cooperation, and contribution to the thread.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

My internet went out last night and this has been happening all day today. I can't get an agent on the chat to help me. I tried to reboot the touchscreen device and it didn't work. I can still arm it but it keeps beeping. This needs to be fixed or someone contact me to troubleshoot it. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Home Security Touchscreen repeatedly beeping and not showing home security devices on my account app or online.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @anniegregory222!  We are so sorry to hear that you are running into an issue with your service.  We are more than happy to help get things back on track for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get your info and get started on this for you right away.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue and the my account app is no longer even showing my devices at all now. Can't get an agent to chat. Definitely frustrating. I'm in Missouri.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there @anniegregory222

I wanted to touch base and to see if the issue regarding your home security equipment beeping has been resolved. If not, please feel free to send our team a private message with your full name and full service address to get started. 

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Our panel has started beeping - once every 5 or 10 minutes.  Checked for alerts but there are none, all indications are nominal.  Can't find anything on touchscreen.  Any suggestions?  thanks.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Xfinity security panel beeping

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem in Washington state.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same here in NJ. Just started today. 

forum icon