user_u6dx3g's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Monday, August 5th, 2024 11:05 PM

Downgrade to Self monitoring not possible ?

I have the pro monitoring option as part of a bundle (tv, internet, home sec). I want to downgrade to self monitoring and save cost. I called support a couple of times but either they are clueless on how to downgrade to self monitoring or they are not telling me something. Does anyone know if its possible to downgrade or is it not an option at all ?

Also, I have one of the old systems that came with its own router. Is there a wired option available yet ? I really want to get rid of that old silly router.

Thanks.

--

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, user_u6dx3g, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your services and your security system. We would be happy to help you with making changes to your Xfinity Home Security! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 months ago

I’m not sure if you have a contract for a certain number of years or not. Originally I had a two year deal for Home Security Pro but it expired and I cancelled to do the self monitoring. The phone number is Home technical support is 877-591-2503. If you can’t reach them find an xfinity store near you and cancel there. After I did it, I saved abut $45 a month because I was renting the touchscreen too. I keptk the 24/7 video recording. Be aware that once your cameras warranty from Xfinity expires, you’ll need to go to an xfinity store and purchase to replace or do without a camera. Those were purchased from xfinity. Also, you won’t have a touchscreen or the Home app anymore to tell you when the batteries in the sensors wear out and you won’t hear the ding when you open doors and windows. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

2 months ago

If I switch to self monitoring then I would loose the touchscreen and the app too ? Ok then its probably not worth it.

As for my question about the wireless router - is there new equipment that eliminates the need for the extra router for the home sec system ?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_u6dx3g, Thank you for being a part of our Xfinity Forums Community. If you have a third-party cart router, it might mean that you are using an owned modem over our rental modem. With the Xfinity Home Security service, you would need that third-party cart router in order to make the services work and function properly.

If you are interested, you would be able look getting a modem rental added to the account if you wish to limit the equipment within the home. You should be able to review all the equipment on the account using our handy Xfinity App to view all Xfinity account, billing, and service information.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here