U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 12:29 AM

Activate xcam3 without the app

Hello, I am an xfinity customer, but currently do not have the service. A while ago, I purchased the xcam3 while I was under the service, and am currently looking for a way to activate the camera without using the app. Is there any way to setup viewing on devices without the app? I read a thread that explained that I needed to send a PM to an agent, but am not clear on how to do so/what it would entail.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reaching out user_3vekp2! I'd be more than happy to help. So do you no longer have service with us or is your service down. Just trying to get clarity when you say you're a customer with no service. 

4 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Hello, to clarify, we no longer have service with Xfinity. The xcam was bought when we had service.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_3vekp2 I see. Unfortunately Xfinity Cameras can only be used with Xfinity service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I saw a response from a different agent that stated, "We may be able to do it through our systems and that's why the other agents asked to send us a direct message. Another thing to mention though is without the app, you would only be able to view the camera content through your TV box if you have that service." Is this not true? This was under a post from another Xfinity customer who did not have the service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! You can definitely use those cameras without xfinity services in a DIY project or like a baby monitor. You need to factory reset them and you need a special Y-adapter cable to be able to connect to them and configure them directly. I have 4 of those cameras that are left over from former XH security system and I have repurposed them for my own system. Look up how to reset icam1000 or icam2, the procedure is very similar except that you have to reset the camera and the XW3 "power adapter" as well with paper clip through the pin hole. You may get lucky and be able to connect to it via WPS without Y-cable, I have not tried that though. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thank you very much for your response. I have a question - where exactly would I connect the Y-adapter to? The only place in my xcam3 that is connectable is the charging port, which seems smaller than most Y-adapter cables. I have attached a picture for reference. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here