ppesco56's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 14th, 2021 4:54 PM

Closed

Accessing Home Security Cameras from my Laptop

Hi, I am trying to access my home security cameras from my laptop and when  I connect to the Home Tab, it tells me to download an app for either IOS or android phones.  Is there a way I can access my xfinity home security cameras from my laptop?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

3 years ago

We appreciate your time in reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. At this time there isn't an option to view the cameras from a web page and you would need to access the cameras via the Xfinity app. I truly am sorry for any frustration this causes you. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ I have been trying to login to my camera via my Android device for 6 months. I have called, emailed, use the forum and went in person to the store and no one can seem to fix this issue. I pay too much monthly for the service to only be able to view on my Xfinity tablet. I have uninstalled the app a thousand times and reinstalled it. I've cleared the cache and cookies. Nothing is fixing this. Can you help me? I pay for 24/7 recording and since we just recently went back to Xfinity cable, I've had no way to utilize this feature, but I'm still being charged for it. This is ridiculous and I've seen SEVERAL forums with this same issue and no fix yet. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can understand the concerns to be able to view your camera via mobile. Do you happen to have a different Android device you can try? Also, are you able to log into the Xifnity Home App? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

given how much Comcast charges. y'all are sorry about any frustration. Just saying 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

We appreciate your feedback @user_14cb6b , and are always looking for ways to improve our products and service. This link is a great place to provide your feedback as well! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is ridiculous. With what I'm being charged, and your infrastructure, this should be available. Why do I have to burn through my phone battery to ensure my home is secure? I will never recommend Xfinity/Comcast. This all has been such a headache.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I  have to agree that this is super ridiculous that we have a home monitoring camera but can only access the thing if we are on our smartphones?  Why am I paying for this when Ring allows me to monitor my camera's from my smartphone and my computer?  I am canceling my Home service due to this "frustration".  That defeats the purpose if you ask me.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

are they going to make it so we can see from a laptop or computer

Problem Solver

• 

491 Messages

2 years ago

The reality is that in the age of email hacking, I wouldn’t want my email that viewed my cameras, etc getting hacked.  There can be a benefit to not having those cameras on a website. Also, I’ve read on a different websites that amazon employees have been know to watch video of the Ring doorbells and spotlights 

Official Employee

• 

499 Messages

2 years ago

Hi all - I just wanted to chime in with a some options for viewing Cameras on a larger screen / other devices.  I know these aren't options for everyone and that they aren't a direct replacement for a website where cameras can be viewed, but posting them here in case someone finds one or more helpful!

• Cameras can be viewed on your TV if you have X1 or Flex; just say "Xfinity Home Cameras" into your voice remote to get started 
  • Many iPad and Android tablets can be used to download the Xfinity Home or Xfinity Apps to view cameras on a larger mobile screen
  • Some Chromebook laptops support downloading Android apps and can run the Xfinity Home or Xfinity Apps for checking cameras
  • While not supported by Comcast, there are some 3rd party programs (both paid versions and ad-supported) that allow you to run Android apps on a PC - these are referred to as "Android Emulators." These may also be able to run the Xfinity Home App or Xfinity App.
  • Video Clips can be downloaded using the Xfinity App.  You can e-mail the downloaded file and then open it for viewing on a Laptop or Desktop computer

Problem Solver

• 

491 Messages

2 years ago

Move the larger screen out of your mind. There are people that actually work in secure locations that are NOT permitted to bring phones, computers or tablets of any type with them. Say the monitoring center calls them and says the alarm went off. How do they make a decision about calling 911? They can’t access their cameras on a work laptop or desktop because you do not offer it. I was one of those people for years.  I had no iPhone or iPad with my but I was permitted to logon to Xfinity Home from my work desktop if I had a concern. If my neighbor called me at work and said there was flooding in the area I could check my cameras and make sure my home and my pets were safe. I could list several more reasons why no camera viewing from a desktop or laptop is not good.  Right now I’m frustrated because neither of my Xcam 2 can be previewed from my touchscreen.  The things you do in regards to customers home security makes people want to pull their hair out. But yet, many townships and cities only allow Xfinity in their areas. 

Official Employee

• 

499 Messages

@lkpolovchik​ I completely get it - I have a friend who has a security service that doesn't support viewing cameras on the web, and they had to get creative with finding a solution that worked for them too (one of a few challenges they were faced with due to working in a secure location that didn't allow cameras).  Ultimately they found a tablet that was geared toward children which did not have a camera, but still allowed them to run some apps - but until they had that device, they needed to step away from the secure location so they could use their phone.  I'll continue to advocate for additional features which might help in somewhat more unique use cases like this!

By the way - if you're not able to see your xCam2 cameras on your Touchscreen but can see them in the apps, there is a good chance that the cameras are paired to your private in-home WiFi, while your Touchscreen may be paired with the hidden Xfinity Home SSID being broadcast by your Gateway or Security Router.  See this thread for a customer who had a similar circumstance - we should be able to resolve this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

303 Messages

2 years ago

While you don't support any android emulators, are there any that you know that work with Windows?

Official Employee

• 

499 Messages

@spacecadet57​ - Nice to hear from you!

While you're correct in that we would not support Android Emulators, I do have a couple myself and have been successful in using a number of apps, including the Xfinity Home app.  A quick Google search should turn up some top options which are Windows compatible that you can experiment with.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

303 Messages

Just and FYI, I tried Bluestacks  and it seems to work pretty well.  Haven't tried any others yet.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here