U

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 11:50 PM

xfinity box outside of my home

recently i have noticed a cord running from my box to my neighbors home , i’m wondering if that is normal or if we share a box is that possible i don’t want to confront them if that is something that is normal 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

Take a couple of pictures of that and post it here.

The forum bot will mark the picture private until a mod can look at it and scan the content, but that's OK.  When the photo are approved, then they will show up here.

In the mean time, do you use Xfinity rental equipment for a Gateway, or 3rd party gear you purchased?

Do you use any coax connected TV boxes, or other MoCA gear?  

You may have some potential security issues if you use Xfinity equipment.  You can mitigate that.

Do two posts.  One with the answers to the questions above, and one just with the photos.

Can you steal internet like people stole cable by just hooking themselves up like back in the day?  Sure!  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

6 months ago

user_u25rhp Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today! Our awesome team will be happy to help. 

Is the cord running from the box that is in your yard, or the one connected to your home? 

1 Message

14 days ago

Hi there - the box outside my house is completely open and needs to be locked up. How to I get someone out to do that?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here