U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 4th, 2022 11:00 PM

Closed

XB8 gateway

Hi I'd like to know how I can go about getting the new XB8 wifi 6e gateway. I currently have the gigabit plan and I got the Galaxy S22 Ultra which supports wifi 6e so I would like to be able to utilize it, if the gateway is available at this time. Thanks!

Steve

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

2 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page! I certainly understand wanting to utilize the wifi 6e on your new S22 Ultra. We appreciate you being a customer with us and for your interest in trying the new 4th generation xFi Gateway – the XB8! It’s our newest and most powerful xFi Advanced Gateway ever. It’s faster, supports more devices, and delivers next-generation WiFi technology.

We're still in the trialing phase but would love to take a look and see if you're eligible to try one. Please send us a Private Direct Message to best assist. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ I recently upgraded my bundle to include 1200 internet and was told I would be receiving the XB8. I received another XB7.  I called and was apologized to for the error and I would be getting the XB8 this time and to return the XB7. Well for the second time I received an XB7.  This time when I called it got elevated and I was eventually told that you need to subscribe to 2400 to get the XB8. So what is the deal, which ones lied to me?  Currently not a happy diamond member with Xfinity when I’m paying them for phone, Tv, internet and cell phone. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ 

hello, I am a platinum tier and would like to request an xb8 gateway because I have numerous WiFi 6 devices in my home and could greatly benefit from the upgraded speeds that WiFi 6 offers.  Please reply and tell me to reach put to xfinity support to request the xb8. Thank you.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

I also have gigabit package, thx.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hello @iphones I would like to look into this. Can you send me a direct message with your address and name listed on the account?

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @MaximusThrax, thank you so much for your long-time loyalty and for making us part of your home. I know that the new XB8 has been super popular and for good reason. That new Wi-Fi 6 technology is really cool, so I totally get why you're eager to get your hands on it. Inventory vs. demand prevents us from guaranteeing that a specific gateway order will be able to be fulfilled in the warehouse. We can promise, however, that you will receive a gateway appropriate for your internet speed tier. I can place an order for an XB8, but I can't guarantee you'd get it, in all likelihood, you'd get an XB7. We're still waiting to replenish our inventory. I know that's not exactly the news you wanted, but I do want to be transparent with you. Would you still like to attempt another order? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Was wondering if I’m eligible for the upgrade to the XB8 I got the 600mpbs internet speed 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We would love to check for you! Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

How can I send you a direct message

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_9f25d3, you can send a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right. I'd be more than happy to see what we need to do to upgrade your modem.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Nobody has messaged  me over 1 hour about it 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We'll need to move into a private setting in order to obtain your personal information and order the modem, @user_9f25d3. Please send the private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right, thank you.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Hello I am trying to get the XB8 which I thought I was supposed to get when I signed up. I see no direct chat option can someone please assist? Thank you. 

EDIT:

I am looking in the upper right corner where it says notifications and my profile settings.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

715 Messages

@Monkeyboyzz It should appear as a chatbox icon to the left of the notifications bell icon. Just to check, you do need to be signed in to your Forums profile to have the option to send a direct message. You can also try to sign out and sign back in to see if it appears.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Was told I would receive the new XB8 Gateway, however received XB7 which I already had. When I tried calling in no one could help me. Just terrible!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Not surprised. For me, Comcast really the only thing available. There is one other but the price for what you get and their support isn't any better.  Been with them for over 20 years and have had issues off and on.  Told inaccurate information by them seems relatively normal.

I changed over to Xfinity Mobile not long ago as I found I could get a better internet package along with the XB8 modem.  But I needed to go to the store to get the modem. Not only did they not have it, but it also wouldn't be available for a couple of months or so. I had previously confirmed that it was already available (according to Comcast support). Plus, they rushed me out the door before my mobile transfer was complete from Verizon. As the store was closing.

I like the idea of getting my hands on the XB8 but it sounds like it's still in the beta stage and probably worth waiting.  Otherwise, you may be a test subject.  Headaches. I've read some of having issues with the new XB8 yet.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @SBMongoos.

If you need help please create your own post and we will help you with your concerns about the XB8. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_0ce7f3​ same thing happened to me. Back to waiting for XB8 again

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I have found it impossible to receive the new XB8 gateway! I twice called for the new gateway both times they told me that they had them available , however both times they sent me the XB7 which I already had. I returned them both. When I called again they assured me I would receive the XB8 however a week later I never received it. I never recieved tracking and shipping confirmation however I did receive a confirmation that I received it would I never did. I can not tell you how frustrated that I am right now. No one can help or know anything. I just want to cancel my account. Tis is no way to treat a long time silver member who is paying for 1 Gig service

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_0ce7f3​ This exact thing happened to me as well. Promised an XB8, received an XB7. Called, assured that an XB8 would be shipped, again received an XB7. Now being reassured that there will be more available after 4/21. Meanwhile, when I went to the Xfinity Store to return my 2 extra XB7s, they said the xB8 was not even out yet.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I am also receiving my second XB7. This is beyond ridiculous and wasting my time.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @drrocky (and others)! We appreciate you bringing your shared concerns to the community, and want to assure you that we want you to experience the latest technology being offered as soon as possible. Currently, due to low availability, XB7s have been sent out in place of XB8s being requested. However, if you give us some time, we should have more available in the near future. In the meantime, please create a new post regarding any other questions or concerns you have. We'd love to help troubleshoot your service(s) if you're experiencing any issues at this time.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

But most requestors of XB8s ALREADY HAVE XB7S installed. There should NOT be an automatic substitution. It wastes everybody’s time, and also creates more churning for Xfy. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Xfinity , that should be. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

[edited due to language] I have also ordered an XB8 twice now and have been sent my current gateway the XB7 both times. Anyone receive an XB8 yet? Returning both XB7s tomorrow at my local store. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Very sad that comcast promise the xb8 and then can’t come through. It is now the end of May and no XB8. I was sent 2 xb7’s and all they keep saying is sorry sir. [Edited: "Language"]!!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I had the same thing happen - ordered XB8 twice and got XB7 both times. Not good at all to start a “national” marketing campaign on a product you don’t even have! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Was told by Comcast Tech they had some in the store so I unplugged my XB7 and went in.  Guess what?  None in any of the stores in my City.  Is there any current availability?

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @Treyshadow! I hate to hear you made a trip to the store and weren't able to get the XB8 modem. Due to high demand and limited availability, we're unable to guarantee an XB8 at this time. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@Treyshadow​ I had the same thing happen. Drove 40 minutes to the store only to be told they have none and won't even be getting any. Employee told me you can only get them online, not in stores. Seems to be a major disconnect among all Xfinity employees on the XB8. Meanwhile the commercials and ads raving about the amazing new gateway continue to run all the time.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The same thing happened yo me in Naples FL.  Went to the only retail shop near me… to be told none in stock.  It was ordered and then received the XB7.  Also paying for Gig service almost $200 per month.  The ongoing TV Commercials add insult to injury!   Will try again to get the XB8 and if not consider my options.  Very frustrating!!!!

CNK Naples Customer

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_0ec2e5 and thread. We are sorry for the frustration the low inventory level has caused. We are excited to get the XB8 modem out to each of you as well. We can set up an order requesting the XB8 and if there is one in stock at the warehouse when the order is fulfilled you will get the XB8, if not an XB7 is sent. Which is what you went through. The inventory levels are low but I am seeing them showing up on accounts more and more now. We are happy to help with another shipment as well as looking at your plan pricing to ensure you are in the best rates.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Problem Solver

• 

719 Messages

2 years ago

XB7: WiFi 6 (dual-band 2.4 & 5 GHz)

XB8: WiFi 6E (tri-band 2.4, 5, & 6 GHz)

Only select electronics that have come out in the past year supports the 6 GHz band for WiFi 6E. Examples are the Samsung 21 Ultra and the Samsung 22 Ultra.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@MisterEd51​ yeah I was excited about getting to utilize wifi 6e when I got my S22 Ultra, but unfortunately have not been able to get my hands on an XB8 to go along with it.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hello all, I as well have wifi 6e devices I'd like to connect to the XB8 but alas I can't get one.  I currently have the 1200 down package, seems like a suitable package to send an XB8 to especially considering they have the correct 6e devices that can utilize.  I called Xfinity Customer support and asked about getting the XB8 and they told me specifically "just try to call back in a month".  Seems wild to me that Xfinity wouldn't have some sort of waitlist even if it's only for the Gigabit+ or higher plans.

Is there any way to sign up for a beta program to help Xfinity test these in the field?  Especially with users having 6e devices that could truly push these things to the limit?  Thanks for any answers.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @trh98! Thank you so much for reaching out! Appreciate your time and patience. Great question! We are actually outside of the testing period, the device is ready to rock and roll, but we are just working to restock the inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate on when we will be receiving the stock update on this evolution in our xFi gateways. The XB7 is actually fully geared to support the Gigabit tier, that is the device I am actually running at my home, rock solid! Rest assured, we are working really hard to get the stock up and ready for full scale release of the XB8. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ I totally understand! My XB7 has been fairly solid other than the rare packet loss that I believe is because of my 100+ devices. I was hoping the XB8 would have more power under the hood. 

Also, I know in total bandwidth amongst many devices, the XB7 can utilize the 1200 speed. But what about a single device? There’s no possible way to get 1200 speed on a single device with the XB7 is there? The wifi shouldn’t reach that high and as far as I know the wired Ethernet ports are all 1gb ports. I have a 2.5gb port on my gaming pc but have no way to try to max out the 1200 speed on it, say to download an extremely large game.

However, from what I understand, the XB8 also only has 1gb Ethernet ports (huge bummer if so) which means the wifi 6e would have to deliver the 1200 speed if you have a device that can handle that.  Basically I’m just looking for a way to get the full 1200 I’m paying for to my gaming pc with its 2.5gb port. It doesn’t seem like I would be able to unless I got an XB8 and a PCie Wifi 6e card…and hope the interference is minimal. Thanks for the help though!

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@trh98 Any time! I recommend checking back about the XB8 with your local Xfinity Stores https://comca.st/390N22M

Best of luck with your gaming pc!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ I appreciate it Elizabeth but unfortunately our local Xfinity store closed and the closest one is in another state with a 3 hour total drive. And those gas prices aren’t a joke either. 

Maybe I’ll just get lucky calling in one day or maybe even grabbing an Xfinity 1200+ certified third party modem that has 2.5 Ethernet ports. And run my own router (again with 2.5 Ethernet ports). Several options, I just wish I wouldn’t have to be nudged that way. Thanks for the help anyway though!

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@trh98 Yikes, we definitely wouldn't want to make you drive that far! We hope to get more stock in the near future! Just try to hold tight and I know we will have one in your hands soon :). Did you have any other questions that we can help with at the moment? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I got an XB8 yesterday. Lol. Try the chat function on xfinity app and hope you get Raman . good guy. 🤙

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

would love to get XB8 as well.

edit to add: Messaged xfinity Support .. fingers crossed 🤞 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out today about the XB8! I am also excited about the new release and have been reading all about the new Gateway. The new WiFi 6E gateway will boost capacity in the home with three WiFi bands – 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and a new 6 GHz band. Together the WiFi bands reduce interference and increase bandwidth in the home by three times to support the massive influx of connected devices used by consumers today. The modems are currently on back order. I totally get how this is not the best answer or the most desirable and I am really sorry. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Does the XB8 get hot like the XB7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here