O

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 9th, 2022 12:24 AM

Closed

Unable to connect to XFINITY (secured) hotspot for the last year — certificate expired??

So for at least the last year or so I’ve been unable to use/connect to the “XFINITY” hotspot — when I enter my login info I am greeted with the following message, indicating that the Comcast security certificate is expired. 

Before I started getting this error msg I had always been able to connect to the XFINITY hotspot with no problems. I am still able to connect to the public “xfinity” hotspot, but since it’s an unsecure connection it’s not really ideal. 
The first time I received this msg I had believed it was an issue on Xfinity’s end and would be resolved soon… that was more than a year ago.

Can anyone help me?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I would be happy to help you with the XFINITY hotspot. I can see how having these ongoing issues with the hotspot would be frustrating, and we want to get this resolved for you. You have reached the right place. What device are you using in order to connect to the hotspot? Is it an iPhone?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ yes, iPhone XS Max running  iOS 15.6

However this issue persists regardless of what device I’m using. Whether I’m trying to connect to the hotspot on my iPhone, iPad, computer, someone else’s phone, etc, I still receive the exact same expired certificate/“not trusted” error msg and am still unable to connect to the secure “XFINITY” SSID/hotspot. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you so much for this infomration. I am sorry to hear you are not able to connect to Hotspots. I am happy to take a look at this for you. May I have you provide me with your first/last name and service address. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here