U

Monday, July 15th, 2024 7:12 PM

Closed

THIS IS A REVIEW/NOT A QUESTION

Unfortunately, I could not only NOT find a place to leave a review, it took me 30 mins just to figure out how to get started here.  I have been with Comcast for almost 10 years, and it is just amazing how the Customer Service continues to get worse & worse. Deplorable, actually.

I chatted in for a question about my bill, the agent ended up convincing me he could lower my bill by almost $100 PLUS said that I qualify for a FREE phone and $3.02 per month+$20+$25 activation. So, yea, of course I went for it. I approved the changes, paid the $20 and was a happy camper until 5 mins later that I realized my TV was not working OR my internet. So I had to chat back after already having been on the past chat for close to 2 hrs and the next rep was of no help at all so they transferred me to someone else, who eventually just stopped responding. I ended up finding a phone number and called. That rep was nice & did get my internet to come back up but also let me know that the plan the first guy changed me to WILL NOT WORK BECAUSE I DONT HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT FOR IT & also told me that my internet is going to continue to go in and out because of a problem now supposedly with my router and I need to have a tech come out but they are not available until the end of the week.  LONG story short, after at least 3-31/2 hours trying to sort this issue, I apparently cannot change my plan to lower my bill and now have to have a tech come out to fix what they broke. All I can say is.....MY FREE PHONE BETTER STILL SHOW UP AND COST WHAT I WAS QUOTED PER MONTH. Absolutely horrendous Customer Service with employees that MUST have NO CLUE what they are even doing. You can afford to hire better quality employees Comcast. PLEASE do BETTER!! I'm tired of huge bills and NO HELP when needed!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_c3vuwh I'm sorry for how this experience has made you feel. I can certainly understand your frustration with your account changes. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

I responded to the xfinity employee request to direct message my details about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing!! How long am i expected to wait for help/support/answers and a resolution???!!!  My gawd, how is this company still in business?!?!  Angry customer ready to cancel everything after 10 years of [Edited: “Language”].  It does absolutely zero good to try and handle anything with live chat or by phone. The representatives do not know what they are doing and if they do they make biggg mistakes. The most recent one being a payment arrangement was set up and a new card provided to be charged. Well, what do you know, they charged my old card and my services got turned off. I am seriously sick of the horrendous support options, outrageous prices and lack of any easy way to get ahold of someone that i can at least understand when speaking. I do not live in india and cannot decipher what they are saying half the time only contributing to the hour+ long calls that in the end, resolve nothing! Please respond to customer requests for support in a timely manner. We are expected to pay every cent on time every month, please give us the same courtesy of assisting when needed. Geez.

[Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_c3vuwh I’m truly sorry to hear about the ongoing frustration and difficulties you’ve experienced with Xfinity’s support. I understand how exhausting it must be to deal with unresolved issues and poor customer service. To help get this resolved, please direct message me your first and last name along with your full-service address so that I can assist you further?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_c3vuwh​ 

If you sent a DM to @XfinityKei they will not have gotten it.  If you read the instructions they say to send a DM to "Xfinity Support".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

2 months ago

I totally agree with all above.  This company has horrible customer service, can't place a review or hard to find anyone to even talk with.  We switched our service over to Xfinity promising savings.  The price came back higher and router was installed in wrong place with wrong name on account.  We keep experiencing overage of data charges because phone and computer doesn't connect to router it was installed in basement in furthest corner of the home.  We have spent over $1000 in 5 months for a system that doesn't even work.  Now they want to charge us $100 for technician to come out and move router.  Cheaper to spend the $100 penalty and go back to previous provider whom i had no problems with.  I am 90 and on a fixed income.  This should be considered elder abuse

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

30 days ago

Well I have been a customer for Xfinity for over 10 years and I noticed the quality of service getting worse and worse as the years past. I do not have time to be on a call over 2+ hours to handle what should be a simple issue. February this year I was offered a free Google Pixel 8 android phone by a representative I was speaking to. We got it all set up and I received the phone in mail with no book, and no instructions, but only a charger with no box. OK so I go online to look for the instructions and its $4.99 to purchase the instructions. I was not told this when I accepted the offer. THe phone was OK but not that great and has this feature where it goes into a dark mode at night to save the battery usage. I so hate this bc I cannot see anything. Anyway, I changed my bank card with Chase after it was compromised and since i had automatic billing I went online and added my bank account and routing # until new card arrives. This was in April. So in September I called to check on my bill and was told I had missed a payment of $29.95 for phone service, my bill had been disconnected for non-payment and am being billed for full amount of the phone of $554.00. And because i lost service I now owe the entire amount for the free phone.  I immediately denied any payment missed because both accounts for Internet and Mobile/home phone  are on the same chase account for automatic deductions. I refuse to pay the $554 because I feel a mistake was made by their billing department and my payment history shows no missed payments. I am not sure how or why this happened, but I do know I do not trust Xfinity or its customer service people. THE customer service people are incompetent and don't appear to know what they are doing. I am very [Edited: "Language"] and unhappy I was done this way after  being a loyal customer for so many years. There is no excuse and no one should have to be subjected to this type of billing errors. I will not recommend Xfinity to anyone and will hopefully fine service to replace Xfinity for internet and phone service soon. SOME companies apparently get too big for their britches with growth and this is definitely true in my opinion. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_l1h17n Thank you so much for using our Forums and for contacting our Xfinity Support team. We are here to help you and work together to make we improve your Xfinity Mobile experiance. We value your time and buisnss and to get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

12 days ago

I 100% agree with you!

I Chatted AND Called support agents at the same time trying to figure out an issue with my internet.  Agents (I say agents because I was trasferred 3 times to other agents trying to help) and was transferred twice to Agents I was chatting with.

In the end... no one was able to provide me answers to what I was reaching out for.

BUT the last agent I was talking to brought up something to try and lower my monthly bill (Phone, Internet and Cable package).  He offered to switch to the Ultimate TV package and upgrade to the xFi Connect for unlimited internet all while saving me $40/month.  I previously had the Triple Play Preferred Package.

I asked if I would be losing any channels when switching... he said absolutely not.  All channels will be the same.  Only change will be unlimited internet and saving $40/month.

I didn't trust a guy I was chatting with so I printed out the conversation and brought it to the local xfinity store.

The rep at the store verified it all and said yes i WOULD NOT lose any channels and would be saving money.

I went ahead with the changes.  Well... I was duped and lied to!

I lost alot of channels.  Mainly I lost HBO, Showtime, Starz, Hitz MGM+ and more!!!!!

I've spoken with 2 agents on the phone AND 2 agents chatting online.  Basically they are "sorry" i was misinformed but if I want those channels back I now need to pay a monthly subscription for this!

So now to get what I used to have... I have to pay $60 more than what I was previously paying.

I've spoken to other customers and it seems that this is the NORM for Xfinity Comcast.  They want to get rid off of all customers on OLDER plans and get them on the new plans then have them pay additional subscription prices for the channels no longer available.

I have 30days to cancel prior to be charged $100 termination fee.  I have an appt with an ATT rep in a few days and WILL BE canceling my Xfinity Comast services which I have had since 2000.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here