U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 1st, 2022 6:33 PM

Closed

talk by phone with custom service

I tried the chat function which was great but I'd like to speak on the phone with a live human being.  It looks like the 800 number does not work that well based on some of the thread comments.  How do I go about talking with a live Xfinity customer service agent on the phone about my current internet plan?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_a41ca4! Thanks for coming to our community with your questions. The best number to call if you prefer a phone conversation with us would be 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489). Of course our Digital Care Team is also available 24/7 through Twitter and Facebook if you're comfortable with a private interaction via social media. Please let me know if you still have any questions, and we'll be here to help however we can!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Sara - If you are a human great.  Did you look at other similar threads on this exact topic and what others were saying about the 800 Xfinity number?  The comments were NOT good.  I want to speak with a human and want to know if there is another number to call OTHER than 800 Xfinity so that I can avoid getting bogged down in the morass of an automated system.  Does Xfinity have a phone number (NOT 800 Xfinity) that I can call to talk with a human?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, I promise Sara is human and one of the nicest people to work with. The only number we have is the 1-800-XFINITY number that was provided. If you are looking to make changes to your account we can help and we can also review your billing. To get started, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have tried to discuss my plan, but unable to do so.  I am not willing to wait an undetermined amount of time for an agent to come on line.  

I would like to request a call back or set up a specific time to be called.  But I will not wait.

How do I do this

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have tried to discuss my plan, but unable to do so.  I am not willing to wait an undetermined amount of time for an agent to come on line.  

I would like to request a call back or set up a specific time to be called.  But I will not wait.

How do I do this

user_x1-m1

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_x1-m1. I can understand wanting to get help fast and we have a few options. This platform we use direct message to discuss plans and options and would be happy to help now. The other option is calling 1-800-Xfinity. Our call back system in the My Account app is for troubleshooting. 

To get someone via DM

Make sure you are signed into forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

How do I get to talk to a live person on the phone?

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_2cecf9! Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forum. You can reach our amazing phone representatives at 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489). Here's a link that also includes all the other ways we can be reached, and as always we're happy to help you right here! If this is regarding personal account information you can always send us a DM.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here