U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 7:10 PM

Storm ready not working

No support during outage

I have storm ready and now during a power outage the app says it’s working but I have no connection.   Called and texted to try and get an agent but they will not connect because of an outage. How do you get help with storm ready during a storm???

Lights are solid on both the device and the battery, and the app says it’s active and strong. However, my SSID is not broadcast. I see 3 generic SSID: XLE_AP0, XLE_AP1, XLE_AP2

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_0xaz9k! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! We can check and see what may be going on with your Storm-ready WiFi. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks! 

3 Messages

Don’t see a chat icon in the right upper corner is there another to access what you are talking about

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for the direct message @user_0xaz9k. That storm ready device would work with those available networks. Xfinity Storm-Ready WiFi provides unlimited cellular data backup in the event of a connectivity outage. Your devices would switch from the broadband connection to the cellular (4G LTE) connectivity. You can check the https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/storm-ready site for the information on those connections. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ my device does not automatically connect. Where can I find the password?

3 Messages

Yes mines is asking for a password too

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@user_mx21w5 Are you able to see your Storm Ready WiFi in the Xfinity app? Also, does it show as connected there?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

This is not remotely helpful information.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_k2hbuy, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Xfinity Storm-Ready WiFi. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. What issues are you currently experiencing so we can assist in troubleshooting? 

3 Messages

3 months ago

My Storm Ready WiFi is on and states there is a strong signal but I don't see where any of my devices are connected. If I leave the wifi on then my phones internet will not work or anything else that uses internet in my house.

The only way to access the internet on my phone is through the mobile data. I cannot use my computer or TV at all. We had a storm come through on Sunday that took out the power and internet services at our house. We have a back up generator but the Storm Ready is not connecting to  anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_trlc2u. Thank you for reaching our team on Forums regarding the Storm Ready WiFi. Were you able to activate the modem prior to attempting to connect to it by following the steps here?

3 Messages

Yes Iit was all setup and I can it on the app

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_trlc2u Can you tell me if the light of the Storm-Ready device is on? If it is, what is the status of the light. Is it solid or blinking?

3 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ yes it was all setup and I can see it in the app

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_trlc2u Can you tell me what the status of the light is on the physical Storm-Ready device?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here