U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 27th, 2022 9:38 PM

Closed

Scam call regarding 50% discount

Reporting a Received a call an hour ago regarding a discount: “Hi there I'm calling you from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off in order to avail the discount kindly call us back at [Edited: "Personal Information"] from 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific standard time thank you and have a great day…” called me from number +1 [Edited: "Personal Information"] Lakeland FL…

I did not answer. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Please help to stop the spread of this kind of fraud.
Thanks!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Again​ Link does not work

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I got an identical call and voice message on Friday, Oct. 28.  I assume it's a scam as well.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Hello @im4nits We currently do not have any offers like this available, and you can always view our available promotions for you by logging into www.xfinity.com/learn/offers   It's important to keep in mind that we will never ask for upfront payments in the form of things like gift cards as well. We also have a helpful website here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/protect-yourself-phone-scams   which will go over how to identify, avoid, and report these types of phone scams as well as a link to a list of current known security alerts. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityShan​ Please take action. This scam number [Edited: "Personal Information"] still works and is not yet taken down.
What is taking long to get this fake Xfinity number shutdown?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Here is my voicemail from today (11/30/22)
“Hi there I'm calling you from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off in order to avail the discount kindly call us back at [Edited: "Personal Information"] from 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific standard time thank you and have a great day…”

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_f21034! Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about this situation. If you'd like to report any scam or phishing concerns we recommend you reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Team for further assistance. Please use the link provided or call 1-888-565-4329. Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week. Let us know if this helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tried to do that, but they hung up on me....twice.....Incredibly poor customer service.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Reporting 2 calls I got, same as above, from [Edited: "Personal Information"] offering 50% off for 2 years AFTER you pay the first 6 months up front.    I ignored the first one and called back the send time, curious, and this is the information that was shared with me.  You have 24 hours to send them the money LOL.  I'll tell you the on-hold messaging is pretty authentic.  Don't be fooled though, when it sounds too good to be true, it is. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I've also received two calls offering me the same thing... The conversation took a turn for the worse when I called him out as a scammer... He even went as far as to tell me he was coming to my house tonight to kill me... The guy got pretty worked up when I called him out as a scammer... Also swore at me and called me many inappropriate names.... He even tried reverse psychology trying to get me to give him $500... I was actually having a [Edited: "Language"] day and this idiot gave me a great laugh... 

11/1/22: First call received from [Edited: "Personal Information"] and they asked me to call them back at [Edited: "Personal Information"].

11/21/22: Second call received from [Edited: "Personal Information"] and they asked me to call them back at [Edited: "Personal Information"].

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Hi all. I received a call on 11/23/22 and they left a vm about a savings on my xfinity bill. I called back because it’s one of the higher bills I have. The call back number brought me to a what sounded like a legit xfinity call center. I connected with a rep and he was able to pull my account information based on my cell #. He knew my amount due on my xfinity bill and the address the account was at. He offered me 50% off my bill if I paid 6 months up front. I knew it was a scam when they asked me to use target credit cards. The fake xfinity associate gave me a promotion code and a 844 # to call back to submit payment. The weirdest part was he said I’d be receiving a text from xfinity which I did….. it showed up as text from the same # I receive all my xfinity payment confirmations and pw code information for logging into my account. It was almost a perfect scam minus the target credit cards…..

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @

I am glad that you did not fall for the scam. The scammers are getting bold with their strategies, but you did a great job of identifying the threat. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I also got the 50% off call today.  I asked a lot of questions.  When they told me they could not email me the offer, I really got the red flags.  I think I made the "rep" nervous with all the questions I asked.  For some reason, the second rep I spoke with lowered the price even further and then threw in 5 premium apps for free.  Do they not realize that the better the deal they are offering, the sketchier it sounds.  That's why I came here to see if anyone else got the same thing.  Thanks for the site and reassuring me that I was right to be concerned.  I agree the "on Hold" sounded pretty good, but they kept switching the message between a male and female and usually Y'all don't do that,

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

We received a call on Thanksgiving Day offering a 40% discount.  How do these scammers know all our personal information including what we pay on a monthly basis for Xfinity?

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Thank you for reaching out on the forums, @roycorb! I'm sorry to hear about this call you received.Was the call from a live agent, or was it an automated message? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I got the same call and it was a live agent.

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @user_9742f8. We never want any of our valued customers to fall victim to something like this. That's why we have a specialized team devoted to preventing scams. Please be sure to report this at their webpage!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityTimothy​ It was a supposedly live agent.  The phone number was from Ayer, MA:  [Edited: "Personal Information"].  It seemed ligit until they asked for a credit card number.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I just received the call for 50%, pay the first 4 months at $79.99  ($320.00) then the remaining 20 months are at $79.99.  To set up call the Billing Department at [Edited: "Personal Information"] use promo code xtvxtv7654020.    I have not called the number.  Would, however, like to see a deduction in my monthly bill, that's for certain.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

Hello @user_f8ef43 thank you for reaching out to us first before trying to call the number back, my team would be more than happy to re-access the rates for your area.

Can you please send our team a direct message [private message]:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
   Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

us too.  This is a scam and the phone number should be listed to assist people in knowing it is a scam.  [Edited: "Personal Information"].

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

1 year ago

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Thanks!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Here is my voicemail from these scammers.

“Hi there I'm calling you from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off in order to avail the discount kindly call us back at [Edited: "Personal Information"] from 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific standard time thank you and have a great day…”

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I got the same call.  I talked with an agent who promised the moon if I paid 6 months up front.  When I asked him if he could email me a document outlining the program/deal, he said he couldn't mail it to a gmail account, only yahoo, comcast, or other.  It sounded a bit sketchy since my bill/statement comes to my gmail account.  When I told him that I didn't have one of those email accounts, he hung up on me....and hasn't tried to call me back.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Hello there! It looks like our friend @Again has provided some great information regarding this particular issue! Your account security is of utmost importance to us! So if anything arises, please do not hesitate to reach out! We're here and available 24 hours a day for you! 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Just received the call. It said it was out of New Philadelphia, OH, but that's probably bogus and they just spoofed the number. I'm just reporting it here for awareness. I knew it was a scam right away. No offense, but no way Xfinity is EVER going to discount something 50%. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I just got this same call an hour ago and what shocked me the most was that they were able to pull up my Xfinity account number and tell me the amount of my monthly bill with just my phone number and name.  This is scary! How is this possible if they are not within the Xfinity system?  He wanted me to pay one year up front to get the 50% off but first I would need to go to a grocery story and buy an Ebay gift card worth $300 to pay for the one year up front.  Really???  Like Xfinity would really do business like that.  I told him to stop scamming people and hung up.  I then reported it to the  https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop with what is going on.  We do take these situations seriously and want to ensure that your informaiton stays safe.  If you continue to encounter these types of calls or even emails, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Team for assistance as well https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/.    

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I got the same call and didn’t answer about an hour and a half ago. It was from Morton, MS for me.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @user_mroe10-3​ Thank you for reaching out to us through our forum. If you continue receiving these calls can you please reach out to the Customer Security Assurance organization. This team has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329. Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week. We want to make sure we report these calls. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Still active - I got my first 50% off Xfinity scam call an hour ago (Seattle, WA) region.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@Muzak66​ 

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here