Fidhle007's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2023 2:03 PM

Closed

Received calls and texts that seemed legit, now being told they are scammers?!

I used the Xfinity app to troubleshoot my down internet/TV an schedule an appointment. After running through the steps a few times the app suggested there was an issue that need a tech visit and offered to schedule one, which I proceeded to do. I received a text shortly after confirming my appointment, all is well so far. 15 minutes later I receive a phone call from 855-433-2886 and the person on the other end identifies themselves and an Xfinity employee, asks for me by name and references my appointment that I just scheduled. They tell me they have located an issue on their end that will fix my problem and ask me to check my internet. It was connecting intermittently at this point, they tell me they are sending a refresh signal that should fix everything and have me verify that it connects. Once it does they ask to cancel my appointment which I agree to. My appointment cancelation is confirmed by a text from the same number that confirmed the appointment previously.

Shortly after my internet cuts out and is out for much of the day. I use the Xfinity app again to try to troubleshoot and after MULTIPLE failed attempts it connects me to an agent to chat with. The agent asks me the same questions the app has been which is extremely frustrating at this point. I ask about the call I received earlier and my canceled appointment, wondering why I was asked to cancel if there was still ongoing issues. The agent takes several minutes to go through my account and then states that NO ONE FROM XFINITY HAS CONTACTED ME TODAY AND THAT ANY CALLS I RECEIVED WERE FRAUD!!!! I explain that the call came from an Xfinity number, they knew my name, account info and appointment schedule and were able to cancel my appointment and text me from the same number that confirmed it, are we absolutely sure this is fraud?! The agent confirms, in no uncertain terms that no, no one from Xfinity has contacted me to cancel an appointment and it was fraudulent. I again restate how much information the person calling me had before talking to me and how much control over Xfinity systems they had and the agent confirms again that this was a fraudulent call. I ask if I should be contacting the FBI and am assured that their security team will handle it and I will hear from them shortly.

I still have not heard from anyone and am at a loss as to what my next move should be here... If this is a breach it is truly of epic proportions and if it is a mistake it is ALSO of epic proportions and my confidence has been completely eroded...

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

@Fidhle007 thank you for your post. We do have a team that will give calls from time to time to see if the issue has been resolved and to confirm if an appointment is still needed or not, so no need to worry about that aspect. What I do want to confirm is are your services still having issues. Please let us know if you still need support as we are always here and happy to help. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ Trust me, I am well aware of that team! Multiple times I questioned the agent I was speaking with if it was that team contacting me and the assured me over and over that no, no one had reached out to me and the call was a scammer. Do you realize how terrifying this is to know that a scammer was able to access your system and get ALL of my personal information?!?! Currently the service is back up but it has been intermittent so who knows how long it will hold. I will also add that the appointment that was made for me for today at 12-2pm was not honored despite my taking extremely valuable time from work to be here. This has been a horrible experience and it's getting worse, still no contact from the promised security team...

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Fidhle007 I would definitely recommend in calling our CSA team at 1-888-565-4329. Would you like me to assist with getting that appointment rescheduled? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I have been promised multiple calls and still no one has reached out to me. Multiple agents have promised to schedule calls for me and everyone has let me know. I have lost hundreds in income waiting for appointments that never happened and have lost countless hours trying to contact someone to find out just how bad this data breach is! I'm paying for credit monitoring too, that's not cheap... Do I need to be going to the FBI now? Is it that bad???

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us @Fidhle007! Just to confirm, were you able to get in contact with our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team? When reaching out to them did they provide a ticket number for this issue?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

This EXACT situation is happening to me today. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Same thing is happening with me today. If they are not from Xfinity, how on earth they are able to access my appointment details, address etc. I am feeling there was data breach at Xfinity end and it was not communicated.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, @user_tfe84f thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your upcoming appointment. If there is a known issue reported in the area, our advance support team may reach out to you in order to confirm the issue was resolved and possibly cancel the appointment if no longer needed. Did you speak to the same phone number listed above?

1 Message

4 months ago

If there is ever a problem like this with internet or phone, you contact the FTC Federal Trade Commission, you can file a case on line with them, I did this with a person who kept calling my phone pretending they were with Social Security and my # was used in fraudulent activity, I knew it was a scam, they actually called me again and got very angry when I told them I had registered their number with the FTC, because now they will have to route their scam calls through a different #, in your case the call was more than likely legit, unfortunately it seems Xfinity and the power company have the same automated assistant who places you in a perpetual loop of insanity until you finally get an actual person, they are testing our limits, but when you schedule a service call the tech should check back with you to make sure things are fine before leaving but they don't, so you have to start all over again, we need to email our elected officials to enforce anti-trust laws to break up these conglomerates and allow other companies to provide service, maybe then providing good service would return. I hope things work out well for you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Happened to me too, just now.  The guy mistakenly answered the phone "Hello."

1 Message

4 months ago

The same thing has happened to me on at least 2 occasions including 2 days ago. The first time they claimed that they fixed the problem but refused to tell me what they may have done. This was a TV issue and the defective box wasn't even connected when he claimed to have fixed the issue. Caller couldn't get off the phone fast enough.  Box was defective per tech who came out.. 

The calls for the previous last 2 days never got through due to NoMoRobo service. They're obviously using an auto dialer.  Whoever called in the past was rude and obnoxious.  If they're legit why can't they answer the NoMoRobo required input?

There are so many intermittent issues with my service but I don't report because if you can't reproduce they won't set up an appt.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_alg9ti, If you are still having issues, we would be happy to run through some troubleshooting with you. Let us know if you would like us to help. 

1 Message

I received text messages from Xfinity 266278 like many other xfinity messages, but this one said "...As a result, we've identified an issue that may affect your internet and video services. A technician will need access to your home...."  BUT I bought all the hardware inside the house and don't lease/didn't buy from Comcast/Xfinity.  I have had no problems other than a few hiccups the last week which their site indicated they were aware of and work would be done shortly and each time it was.  I also had an email sent to my xfinity account I don't really use saying the same thing.  So why would they need in my home?  If they need access to the hookup box or local neighborhood connection box, they can do that any time.  I replied to the email asking what exactly needs fixed but don't think I will ever get a reply.  Ya know, Comcast...just seeing if there is a new Comcast scam out there since google did not indicate there was a newer big one as of 4/22/2024..

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, user_hfxmxp! Thanks for reaching out about the notifications to set up a visit. We are completing our Next Generation Upgrades across the country. As those are completed each address is looked at for performance. It sounds like the technical team sees a problem with the signal levels. I would be happy to take a look at your account so we can find out more. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here