U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 27th, 2022 8:17 PM

Closed

phone spoofing

Our business phone has been spoofed and people are calling us saying they received a call from our number when we didn't make the calls.

Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Support and I was transferred 4 times. No one really understood the problem. Xfinity support is horrible, you can barely hear the people as it's clearly a very noisy call center with people who are not at all helpful. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

All,

We sincerely apologize that you are experiencing issues with caller ID spoofing calls. We understand that the fewer unwanted phone calls you receive (or others receive looking like they came from your phone number) the better. That’s why we offer a variety of tools and features to help combat them. To learn about all the tools and resources we offer, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/voice-unwanted-calls. You can find additional information here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/protect-yourself-phone-scams

You can also get information about caller ID spoofing directly from the FCC here: https://www.fcc.gov/spoofing

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_a4e7cd, thank you much for posting here in the forums for assistance with your business phone. I'm so very sorry we weren't able to properly assist when you contacted by phone.

May I ask if you were reaching out to our Security Assurance team at (877) 215-5529?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  I'm getting calls from people saying their phone says they "missed" my call.  A Comcast rep in some foreign country speaking broken English told me it's not possible that someone could be using my phone number.  Comcast prevents that.  But, I later googled it and learned it's called "spoofing" and it's a big problem.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  Then this Comcast agent said she would enroll me in NoMoRobo, which is a free service which prevents spam calls.  But, I'm still getting spam robo calls, so either she didn't sign me up or it doesn't work.  And then, this Comcast rep insisted I sign up for some "free" service, but couldn't tell me what it was.  Something to do with streaming TV.  She "instructed" me to sign up.  That appeared to be her real purpose.  So, Comcast gave me zero help, but tried to sell me something.

Now, I've been trying to lodge a complaint about my Comcast VOIP phone, but can't find a way to do that, so I'm sharing my story here with other frustrated Comcast customers.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_34c214! Thanks for spending your time today to contact XFINITY over our forums page. I am sorry to learn about this experience with those unwanted calls. I never like getting bothered with unwanted calls so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. I will do everything within my power to help and rectify this experience. For starters, here is a great link for more details on how to sign up with NoMoRobo. Please let me know if this helps.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_34c214​ I’m experiencing the same issue. They are telling me it’s an outage when I have been spoofed. Can’t get any knowledgeable representative to help. Put me on hold so long I hung up. Can’t understand them anyway. Did you have any luck? 

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

Hi@user_94b94b thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums! I see you have recently created your own new public post on the topic, I'd be happy to continue working with you there. In the future we ask that you please refrain from authoring multiple posts on the same topic to reduce confusion and help our team to better assist you. 

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having this problem for the past 2 days on my home phone. I have returned several messages today to people who my spoof number called. I tried calling Comcast and got caught in a cycle of press a number and went nowhere. Please help stop this insanity!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_3a1084, Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry you are having issues with the phone service. Have you tired the suggestions shared by @XfinityJessie in the Official Solution to this thread? We recommend trying there first.

If you would like additional account specific help, please send us a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the SAME issue. Someone somewhere has forged/copied my xfinity VoIP phone number into caller ID and is calling people.  Multiple people have called me in the past two days irritated that I just called them and wanted to know what I wanted. I have no idea what the intention of these criminal callers are yet, but I am worried. The "Official Solution from @XfinityJessie" offers no help whatsoever for this situation.  It only provides assistance for the recipients of these calls, not the victims whose phone numbers have been forged/fraudulently used.  Is there not anything Comcast/xfinity can do for us?

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@LadyInJax

Hello and Thank You for taking the time to post, here on the Community Forum. Personally, I do not have Xfinity, as I live outside of the Xfinity footprint, but I totally understand where you are coming from on this, as we have the same issue at my home.

I assure you that it is not that Xfinity doesn’t care or doesn’t want to help, it is that the spoofers can use whatever number they can find. It isn’t just Xfinity phone numbers, they can put any phone number they want into their spoofing software. Phone spoofers use fake caller ID information to mask the true source of an incoming call. Scammers typically spoof phone numbers to appear to be from a particular location or organization, increasing the chances of people picking up and falling for their cons.

They farm active phone numbers from diverse types of sources, like online ads, for sale sites, and social networks, to name a few. Any place that an active phone number is listed, they will gather them.

I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that this causes all of us.

I hope this helps!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@LadyInJax​ 

I did file a report with the federal government. Just google it and you should find it. It ‘s like being on the do not call list I think, I still get a tremendous amount of spam calls. It comes in waves. It was really bad for a week, stopped for a day or two and now I see I have about 8 calls from numbers  I assume were people trying to call back to this number. Everything says contact your provider but that goes nowhere.I’m very concerned and frustrated and feel extremely violated by this. We need someone to actually help us! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My Xfinity landline is spoofed..  I am getting angry and life threatening calls from strangers telling me to stop calling them.  I haven’t call anyone.  Xfinity was not helpful!  They told me to change my number!  I made a complaint to the FCC but no response yet.  What are we supposed to do?  Calls all day and night! 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@gigglz Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We assure you that this is not something we want to see happen to any of our customers. I would recommend the suggestions at the beginning of this thread. If you have attempted those options please visit Unsolicited Robocalls.  If you would like to look into options for changing you phone number we are happy to help with that. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here