ncr4's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 1:39 PM

Closed

Peacock Premium offer for diamond customer was activated but not working

I activated the Reward for diamond customers to get free Peacock Premium but its never worked for me. Had numerous calls and chats but agents just keep asking me same basic questions and same things to try ... like do you see activate button, did you get an email after to accepted the reward, etc. I keep telling them I did go though the entire activate steps. I just never got Peacock Premium access (re)added to the gmail account I had already had access to free Peacock Premium that had been offered to those with a Flex box that ended June 26th.

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have to say I am absolutely shocked at how bad the customer service is. I also have the same issue since July. Two tickets issued. I have been trying to get help for at least two hours today. It is futile. I have never seen such a customer service cluster$%#@ as this one. Their bot on the 800 line is maddening and so unhelpful. Finally got a "supervisor" to call me back. Put me on hold and then connected me with someone who only spoke Spanish. Then they disconnected me. Xfinity was very fast at disconnecting Peacock, so why is it so hard to connect it with rewards? All I can say is I'm so very glad I didn't give in and switch my cell phones or home security to Xfinity. Cannot imagine what true hell that would be. Will seriously consider finding a new service. This is absolutely unacceptable.

2 Messages

i was actually able to get this situation resolved.  it took a while for the link at the top of the rewards page to show up.  the issue seems to be the way xfinity sets up their site.  its not ideal and requires a long time to refresh.  so much so that you get frustrated and leave or have to go do something else, the come back.  it seems you get also get sporadically or randomly logged out - then you have to log back in.  their site is a pain, including the rewards site.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_kud2xc​  it’s been almost 4 months, 32 talks with agents and each call approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, two technicians and 4  cable boxes, 4 tickets, still cannot access Peacock. 
I told them there is no way I would turnover my cellphone or security system to Xfinity.  So frustrating 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I just called Xfinity regarding the third open ticket for the Peacock activation and the agent hung up on me !!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @rabonb ! Thank you so much for reaching out to your Digital Care team. Oh, no I understand how frustrating that is to finally speak to an agent and then have the line disconnect regarding the Peacock redemption issues you are having. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name and full-service address so I can assist you further?

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@rabonb​ OMG I cannot even begin to tell you my level of frustration with Xfinity yesterday. It was actually shocking how bad it was. After about two hours, a supervisor was calling me back in 10-15 minutes. Never did. I reread my text chain, it would be almost comical if I hadn't lost two hours I can't get back. I dare any upper level Xfinity  management person to try to get this solved. Just the 800 number is a cluster****.  I don't think I have ever had a worse customer service experience in my entire life. At one point, they were communicating with me in Spanish. Think how bad cell phone and home security would be!!

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here. Tho diamond members are supposed to get this for free peacock continues to ask for payment. But when you check on demand it says free for the shows on peacock premium you want to watch. How to fix this issue?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_48tqqh I am sorry you are unable to access Peacock. What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

It appears that this "free" offer is nonexistent.  Has anyone who posted here had success finally getting it to work?

4 Messages

1 year ago

I finally figured it for me.  If you use another email address for Xfinity for bills etc, try logging in using  that one.  It worked for me to log in on Xfinity DVR system. Don't use the QR code.  I can't understand why their troubleshooting/IT department can't figure this out.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_621505 Thank you for your feedback, and sharing your success! Comcast and Peacock have been working to improve the activation experience overall. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@user_621505​ So you did it through the DVR not on a browser using the link provided by Xfinity?

1 Message

I got [Edit: Language] for 2 hours with no success. I read u need to have a flex 1 box assigned to your account then it will work. unfortunately my system doesnt use this box so there is no way to set this up. I am sure xfinity could fix this issue they just choose not to :(

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_u5s2mk Just to clarify, are you completely unable to access Peacock with the reward that was offered? We would be happy to look into this further for you since you shouldn't need a box to utilize Peacock. Please send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm told I can't direct message until I make my first post. I am supposed to have (and did have) Peacock Premium. Watched season one of a show, then was told I needed Peacock Premium to watch the second season. My bill says I still have it, and apparently that's why the links to add it just are not there. I DO still have Peacock Premium on the phone app, just not on the Xfinity box. 

2 Messages

Hi,

I had similar problems. On the box, go into Peacock and see what email you are logged in with. For me, I was logged into Peacock with an outdated email address that is no longer associated with my account. Once I logged out and then back in with my current email listed with Xfinity, it worked. Hope this helps.

1 Message

1 year ago

Me, too. Works on phone but not TVs 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi @user_z8mz0b ! Are you getting an error message of any kind on the TV's? 

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Claimed peacock premium through my diamond rewards. Cannot activate it. Nothing seems to work after reading all these comments on this forum. Please figure out a way to make this work

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings @ncr4

Can you try these steps and let me know if you were able to activate Peacock Premium?

1. Log in to your account on xfinity.com, then open Xfinity Assistant: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant
2. Click Activate Now on the banner that states, "Your Peacock subscription is ready for activation." If you don't see the banner, try typing in "Peacock Premium Activation".
3. You will be redirected to Peacock, so you will want to finish activation on the Peacock site.
Note: You must use the primary email address associated with your Xfinity ID to redeem this Peacock offer. If you use another email address, the system won’t recognize the offer as valid. 

After activating in the Xfinity Assistant, you will want to finish the set up via Peacock by doing the following:

1. Visit https://www.peacocktv.com/ and click “Sign In” 
2. Enter the email address and password associated with your Peacock account (this may be the same login as Xfinity, it may not be. If you have multiple email addresses, I would try them all. You can also select “I don’t know my password” if necessary.)
3. After signing in, you will be able to confirm if you have access to the site. (You can do additional double-checks on account as well by clicking “Account,” navigating to “Plans & Payment”, and confirming monthly charges = $0.00)

2 Messages

I have the same issue, and finally talked to an agent over the phone.  After a 45 minute conversation and troubleshooting, it ends up that the finally acknowledged that several Diamond customers are affected, and that I can expect to fix Bally see the reward and/or banner available in 1-2 MONTHS, but no exact timeline. They told me if I go ahead and pay the $6.99 monthly fee for Peacock Premium, I can call them each month to get credited $6.99 back to my Xfinity account until it gets resolved.

2 Messages

11 months ago

I have the same issue, and finally talked to an agent over the phone.  After a 45 minute conversation and troubleshooting, it ends up that the finally acknowledged that several Diamond customers are affected, and that I can expect to fix Bally see the reward and/or banner available in 1-2 MONTHS, but no exact timeline. They told me if I go ahead and pay the $6.99 monthly fee for Peacock Premium, I can call them each month to get credited $6.99 back to my Xfinity account until it gets resolved.

1 Message

11 months ago

I’m having the same problem since Summer 2023. No helpin getting it fixed. What a scam. 

2 Messages

I have been through all the customers experences listed above, AND MORE. 
Tried both email addresses in my Xfinity account. No. I never get the “wait 2 hours for a special email with special instructions”  have been told that 6-8 times . It just gets them off the call.

I have been told upper management at both Xfinity and Peacock are still hammering out the details. But just yesterday, it showed up on the monthly statement as included for free. 
Circular customet service!

1 Message

11 months ago

I have also been having this issue. Has anyone successfully resolved it? I have opened chat support and not received any feedback from it in 5 minutes. I was told that making a post should allow me access to direct messaging. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Call Peacock. Xfinity failed me so after 4 months I contacted Peacock and they fixed the problem in one day 

2 Messages

As rabonb says above, almost.

I located the means to contact peacock tv by text or email in their website somewhere / somehow, and after several times on my knees pleading, BINGO Peacock TV staff coughed up a promo code (it says it's for employees) good for 2 years starting yesterday.

They could see my account at Peacock TV had the offer from Xfinity attached to my account, but it was not active. A few steps over at my account at Peacock TV, the magic code washes out the $5.99 a month charge to my credit card on file at Peacock TV, and now FREE PEACOCK PREMIUM,  IT'S NOW ACTIVE!

Such drama.

1 Message

10 months ago

This is still an issue today! Spent over an hour on phone w agents doing the same thing over and over again. You think they be aware of an issue w their service!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear you are still having an issue with Peacock activation @user_ump9cv I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. Can you let me know what steps you have been doing on your end and with customer service? 

1 Message

I have the same issue with getting Peacock as a Diamond member. My Diamond membership page show my Peacock reward has been claimed, but I don't get a Peacock activation banner in the xfinityassistant and I never received an email about activating it. I have tried the steps suggested by XfinityThomasB with no luck. I opened a ticket with Xfinity support a month ago after claiming the reward. I have followed up multiple times with support. There is no resolution on my ticket and support has no idea when it will be looked at. All they say is they will be in touch when it is resolved. I can't watch Peacock since I cancelled it to get the reward. It sounds like I could wait many more months from the issues all of us are having. It is very frustrating that Diamond member tickets can sit for months with no resolution.

1 Message

10 months ago

I am an Xfinity user who is a Diamond rewards member.   I'm still waiting to acess Peacock for free. 

1.   I do not have an Xfinity box;  I use a TiVo box.  I access streaming channels of this type through my Apple TV.

2.  I kept getting directed to the Rewards page and told to click on a banner.  No banner appeared on multiple browsers.

3.  I already have a Peacock account, using a non-primary account.   More than 90% of the programs listed on Peacock ask me to pay to view.

I received an e-mail quite some time back, stating Xfinity was working on the problem.  I've never received a follow-up message. 

I called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called a Peacock support number I was given by XFinity.  No one EVER answers, no matter what time of day I call. 

As a Diamond rewards member, do I have free access to Peacock beyond a fraction of their programming?   

Do I have to delete the old (non-primary e-mail address) account? 

Has the problem been resolved?  Or is Xfinity "still working on it"? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_whhapk! Our wonderful engineers and Xfinity Rewards partners have been able to resolve this issue for many of our customers. Just to confirm, did you already redeem the reward by signing into our Xfinity Rewards website using the primary user ID on your account? 

After the reward is redeemed, the banner should appear in the Xfinity Assistant chat here.

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have had the same issue for months. Such a waste of time trying to get the issue resolved. I recently responded to. Customer satisfaction survey a figured I’d  ring up the issue again. Comcast sent me an email full of more false hope…go here, sign in click the activate button….THERE IS NO ACTIVATE BUTTON.  Thanks for infuriating me yet again.

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have the same problem.  Multiple calls to xfinity, the chat assistant (which doesnt show an option that helps), the peacock chat (which said this is an xfinity problem)....been dealing with this for over a month.  They said they will send me a link via email but still no link.  This has to be the worst customer service I've ever experienced. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_wxjlql ,thanks for taking the time to reach out today. I'm sorry to hear you are not able to access Peacock. 

Let's try these steps from the beginning, and we'll take note of any issues along the way.

1. Please visit the Xfinity Assistant
  2. Click "Activate Now" on the banner that states, "Your Peacock subscription is ready for activation" Note: If the banner does not appear, you may already be activated. Let me know if this is the case.
  3. Otherwise, after clicking "Activate Now," enter the email and password you want associated with your Peacock account Note: If you have a previous Peacock account and want to retain your preferences/history, you should use this email address It can be the same as your Xfinity account, but doesn't have to be.
  4. Enjoy Peacock Premium!

3 Messages

1.-2. The Xfinity Assistant doesn't show an activate now.  

3. I click Activate now and get a webpage that says "Your Peacock account is already active Head over to Peacock to watch today. Enjoy!" with a link  "Continue to Peacock".  

I click the link to continue to peacock and it says "Pick your Plan" "Subscribe to Watch".

It also won't let me start a new account with a new email address. The only way is to pay for one of the plans. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_wxjlql I can definitely see how that would be an issue, and we want to ensure we get this sorted for you! We know that some customers have had the same experience as you and don't have the activation banner like you should. To help come up with a solution, we've created a new link for you to use as a backup. Can you try these steps out for me and let me know if this helps you get your Peacock Premium access?

1. Visit xfinity.com/activate-peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

2. Select the Activate Peacock button to be directed to peacocktv.com.

3. Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.

[Edit: Made Peacock link active]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue here. Now I look at my Diamonds rewards account and it shows I have not redeemed any offers.  And there is no offer for Peacock available to claim.  I think this was all a scam ...

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_04bf85 I can assure you there is no scam. Have you tried any of the suggestions provided on this thread to see if that helps? 

3 Messages

I have done all the bot instructions and have talked numerous times to an actual representative but my diamond reward of peacock premium has never worked. This is an xfinity problem that is not being solved. And it’s very frustrating

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

To help come up with a solution, we've created a new link for you to use as a backup. Can you try these steps out for me and let me know if this helps you get your Peacock Premium access?

1. Visit xfinity.com/activate-peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

2. Select the Activate Peacock button to be directed to peacocktv.com.

3. Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.

@user_48tqqh. Did you follow these steps already? 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Can I get assistance with mine? It shows I have it free when I go to my bill breakdown but I only had it when I paid for 3 months. I log into Peacock and it says I am not currently subscribed to a plan. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here