U

5 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 7:28 AM

Closed

Paramount Plus With Showtime - IMPOSSIBLE to Sign Into App with Subscription from Xfinity

So I renewed another annual contract and added Max and "Paramount Plus with Showtime" to my bundle for $5 a month each.  When I try to log into my new Paramount+ account through their direct app, it will not accept my Xfinity credentials, so I had to dig through the website to find the providers list, and it does NOT include Xfinity.  I figured to sign onto the Showtime Anytime app to obtain my credentials from that hoping it will work on Paramount+, but it does not properly sign on through the Xfinity provider link (possibly because the app has been phased out).  I called Xfinity and spoke to several reps who were super-confused and eventually referred me to Paramount+, then I called them and they confirmed this is a known issue because Xfinity never established a proper provider link with them, thus making it impossible to access their full app services through mobile, online and cable boxes.  Lastly, an Xfinity store rep, who was also stumped by the issue and promised to coordinate with the corporate office, suggested I used the Xfinity Stream app to access Paramount+ with Showtime content.  However, it does NOT include all the content that the direct Paramount+ app contains, such as Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning.  PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

139 Messages

3 months ago

The service through Xfinity does not include the app.

At least that is what it says in my bill.

5 Messages

@68Chevelle396​ That's good to know, because Xfinity reps are not even aware of that detail on their own bills.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem, did you get a resolution and if so can you please share it. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

Hey there, uas300 ! Are you still running into an issue signing in at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ according to 68Chevelle396, the bill states that subscription to Paramount+ with Showtime through Xfinity does NOT provide app access, so there is no way to sign in.

Official Employee

• 

333 Messages

At this time, your Showtime/XFINITY subscription does not provide access to the Paramount Plus app.  You can view Showtime content through the XFINITY Stream app and through your X1 cable box. We can only provide the content that is provided to us so for shows and movies that are missing from Showtime and only viewable through the Paramount Plus app, you would need to subscribe through the app or their website. Providing a login for Paramount Plus is a highly requested item, and we will forward this request to our app teams for review. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ yes still can't log in

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

uas300, Here is a link that will help you access all things Showtime and Paramount+. https://help.paramountpluswithshowtime.com/s/

2 Messages

3 months ago

I was just going trying this out and was getting frustrated until I found this post. Xfinity shouldn't be charging us until this is fixed on both Xfinity and Paramount + .

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I agree.  I was told I have an 'older' package and even though it says it's included, it it not.  

1 Message

3 months ago

This is ridiculous.  Having the same issue.  I have the combo subscription of paramount plus and showtime.  I can't log into the showtime app through xfinity!!

18 Messages

3 months ago

From - https://help.paramountpluswithshowtime.com/s

I have a subscription to the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME network through my TV provider. Do I also get a subscription to the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan on Paramount+?

If you’re a Paramount+ with SHOWTIME network subscriber with a participating TV provider (currently: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Stream, AT&T U-verse, Hulu with Live TV, and Spectrum), you’ll also receive a subscription to the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan on Paramount+ at no extra charge. Simply log in with your TV provider credentials to verify your subscription at paramountplus.com/link

Please click here to for additional information.

But, of course, Xfinity is not listed as one of the TV provider options...

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@PhoenixEQ At this time, your Showtime/Xfinity subscription does not provide access to the Paramount Plus app.  You can view Showtime content through the Xfinity Stream app and through your X1 cable box. We can only provide the content that is provided to us so for shows and movies that are missing from Showtime and only viewable through the Paramount Plus app, you would need to subscribe through the app or their website. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Contributor

• 

596 Messages

I still haven't received an answer to my question from other posts...Who is responsible for Xfinity NOT being listed

as a participating partner to Paramount Plus (like DirectTV is) ? Is it Paramount Plus blocking this or Xfinity?

18 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Hi, thanks for the quick response.

When I log onto my Xfinity account, under premium channels it says I have "Paramount + with Showtime" included. On my Xfinity box, when i say "go to Paramount Plus" it takes me to the Paramount Plus app (while giving me the warning that it is taking me to a third pary app) and it asks me to sign in, but does NOT acknowledge that I am a subscriber through the Showtime/Paramount Plus deal. So, how do I watch Paramount Plus on my tv through my Xfinity issued box?

Official Employee

• 

333 Messages

As mentioned, you would need to sign up for Paramount Plus through the app or website to access it. Your XFINITY subscription to Showtime does not include Paramount Plus access. Hope that helps clear up any confusion. 

18 Messages

On my Xfinity bill it specifically says I have Paramount + included! So, I am confused about your claim. It makes no sense.

18 Messages

2 months ago

When you go here: https://www.paramountplus.com/ there are two choices. 1) Paramount+ Essential and 2) Paramount+ with SHOWTIME.

On my Xfinity bill it says I have this:

Premier Triple Play

Includes Ultimate TV, Max, Paramount+ with SHOWTIME, Hitz, DVR Service, Gigabit Extra Internet and Xfinity Voice Unlimited Select.
So, it sure looks like Paramount+ with SHOWTIME is included and I should have access to all that is included with that choice here: https://www.paramountplus.com/
Please let me know how to gain access to that selection! 

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Hello @PhoenixEQ These are great questions.  Thanks for reaching out for help with or subscription  concerns. I can definitely assist you. Have you tested multiple usernames to confirm you're logged in with the correct one associated with your Xfinity account?

You can always follow the steps in this link xfinity.com/username to confirm the username we have listed for you.  

Are you able to access Max, paramount+, Showtime and Hitz through your cable box? 

18 Messages

@XfinityKei​ Hi, Yes I have tried both emails listed at the link you shared. I can access Max and Showtime through the Xfinity box (those are just chanels so that's easy), but when I tell the xfinity remote to go to Paramount+ (that works) but then it asks me to enter credit card info and select a plan.  There should be a way for me to sign in as an Xfinity customer, but it's not there.

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

@PhoenixEQ Having Paramount + with Showtime will allow you access to original content provided by Paramount Plus and original Showtime content/movies. https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/paramount-plus-with-showtime. 

To have full access to Paramont + you need to have a subscription to log into the App. To access Paramount + with Showtime from the X1 set-top box you can find a section in the TV > On Demand > titled Paramount + with Showtime. This will have all the content you can access. 

This is directly from the Paramount Plus website, there are currently only a few providers that offer full Paramount + access with the Showtime subscription only: If you’re a Paramount+ with SHOWTIME network subscriber with a participating TV provider (currently: AT&T U-verse, DIRECTV, Hulu*, Spectrum), you’ll also receive a subscription to the Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan on Paramount+ at no extra charge. Simply log in with your TV provider credentials to verify your subscription at paramountplus.com/link.

18 Messages

@XfinityJustinC

When I go to the link you provided https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/paramount-plus-with-showtime. 

And I scroll down, I see this...

How do I add Paramount+ with SHOWTIME?

Simply choose an X1 TV Package that's right for you
My X1 package says I already have Paramount+ with SHOWTIME, but it is not connecting...

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

@PhoenixEQ I definitley want to help with a resolution. I went to my TV, and found the On Demand has updated. To find Paramount + with Showtime content on your X1 set-top box, it is On Demand > TV > Browse > Network > Paramount + with Showtime. 

- Can you access the content there?

If you're attempting to log into the Paramout + App, since we aren't on the approved provider list you can't access Paramount + without a subscription directly with Paramount +. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

CAN'T sign-in with Paramount  Plus.   I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COMCAST POOR CUSTOMER service!  I spent time on a live chat and was disconnected twice with no answer to the problem.  I read this conversation thread and it proves COMCAST/Xfinity poor service continues!!!!  My premium plan contains SHOWTIME and Paramount plus.  If this is NOT being offer refund all your clients and be truthful about what you actually offer.  

Official Employee

• 

664 Messages

@payneeq
At this time, our agreement with Paramount does not include access to the Paramount Plus app. You can stream the content through your X1 cable box for the Xfinity Stream app. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here