U

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 8:16 PM

Outage ETA of Restoration is outrageous

I’m in the NW Houston area and there is an outage ETA of 7 days?? This has to be a joke. In an attempt to confirm if this is truly accurate, I can’t get a hold of anyone via chat or by phone because of the atrocious automated screening process. 

i understand that the average call can be resolved via a bot however 7 days of no internet is VERY concerning and I will have to inquire about seeking another internet provider if this is the “service” I’m paying for. 

Has this been happening to anyone? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hey user_gjkb4r, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Interruptions can sure cause a huge impact and I'd love to help see what is going on. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

3 months ago

And this continues in the heart of Houston now…1 week and still an outage

19 Messages

I was able to talk to a person by calling from a phone not connected to my account and then telling them I didn't have my phone number for my account. Once a person picked up I was able to give them my account information. It did not help but they are sending a technician over tomorrow to look at my internet. I figure the noisier I am maybe they'll actually do something.

1 Message

3 months ago

This is my 3rd day without service and I work from home and no one will answer the phone to update me and my neighbors who also have Xfinity to provide an update on what’s going on. They have handled this very badly so I will be canceling my services!!!

4 Messages

We're still without service since July 9th. This is awful. We have to hotspot everything then they started throttling our data. What for they expect customers to do? Cancelling is definitely on our agenda.

1 Message

3 months ago

Same problem here. Still no service. 2 weeks now. 

1 Message

I haven’t had internet since the day the hurricane hit so I’m on 2 weeks exactly now in Brookside Village

1 Message

3 months ago

We live in La Marque (south near Galveston) and we’ve been without internet for over 2 weeks now. No ETA and no one at customer service can or will talk to us because we’re in a “storm affected area”. One side of the neighborhood has internet but the other side is out and no trucks have been in our neighborhood at all. Power has been back a week and all debris was cleaned up.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here