U

Wednesday, October 9th, 2024 2:03 AM

Offered Non-Existent Deal

I called in tonight to switch our plan to unlimited.  While on the line the customer service rep offered me a deal to upgrade both of our phones to iPhone 15 for $10/mo per phone - so $20/month for 24 months.  I said we would take it.  He told me to hold, told me he was working on it on his end, and then the call disconnected.  I called back to confirm if the order went through and was told by the next agent that there was no such promotion. 

I think this is pretty outrageous.   Extremely frustrating and very dishonest.  I'm sure the calls must be recorded.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 days ago

HI @user_zqs22d Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity mobile upgrade. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Thank you for letting us know what happened. All upgrades can be seen online through the website as well as any changes you need to make. I can understand it is very frustrating, all changes must go through customer approval too. I am happy to look at the account at a high level to make sure everything is correct. We have limited access over social but happy to offer any assistance I can. Please let me know if you would like me to take a look. 

2 Messages

The problem isn’t that the order wasn’t put through after we were disconnected.  The problem is that when I called back in to finish processing the upgrade I was told that the offer the previous agent made to us was no longer available/there was no such offer to begin with.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We can definitely take a closer look at this for you @user_zqs22d.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your info so that we can get started. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here