U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 2:20 PM

I only recieved a cable.

I recently signed up for Xfinity internet here at my new home. I very quickly recieved a package on my front porch. In said package was a lonely Coax cable, and nothing more. From what I understood I was going to get a router/modem and possibly a couple other things? While the cable itself is very nice, there isn't much I can do with just a cable. Any ideas when I'll get the rest of my equipment, or if I placed the wrong order?

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_qkj1mb! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! We have different "Getting Started Kits" for different scenarios. What you're describing sounds like what we would send if the customer indicated they would be using their own purchased modem. That being the case, it's a good bet that nothing else is on its way, unfortunately. You do have some options though. We can get the equipment needed, mailed out, or you can visit an XFINITY Store and pick up a device. You can find a list of stores and hours here : https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers How would you prefer to proceed?

3 Messages

I would like for you to mail it to me please 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_rfs13d, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your gateway! We would be happy to help with getting your modem shipped out to you. Congrats on your new services! We are so excited for you to be part of the Xfinity family and get your services up and running! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

So you guys are going to mail me my gateway device ? Thank you so much!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here