U

2 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2024 11:50 PM

Closed

How do you actually TALK to a LIVE person at xfinity/

Customer service is a joke. How does anyone reach a LIVE person??????

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

970 Messages

5 months ago

user_q6n14k You can reach a representative at 1-800-934-6489 as this is the best number to use. My team can also help you on this forum as well. What issue are you having? 

2 Messages

I've tried that number.  Keep getting routed to use text or chat or website.  My seasonal hold internet is not working - since April 16.  Ready to drop xfinity when I get back in town.

Official Employee

• 

970 Messages

user_q6n14k My team can look into your seasonal hold concerns today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityShawn​ 

My seasonal hold is also hasn’t been working since April.  Last month I spent more than 2 hours (not exaggerating- I was in tears) dealing with Xfinity’s chat and website support roadblocks of options and eventually managed to speak to a human who assured me the issue had been resolved.    Then this morning Xfinity AGAIN charged my credit card the full monthly charge!  All that time and frustration for nothing.   Why can’t Xfinity allow customers to speak to human support personnel?

I just don’t have the time, energy and patience to try dealing again with Xfinity’s “customer support” roadblocks.  I’ll just turn off auto pay,  keep all my records and cancel when I get back to town. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_7jzza1, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Seasonal Hold, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

[Edited: Language]  Trying to speak with customer service.  

You just Can't.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

how do you reach a live person.  Comcast is getting so awful AT&T is starting to look real attractive

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @lewisr7908! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting with a live agent, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to help.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

(edited)

3 Messages

@lewisr7908​ I agree. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_osthnn Thank you for being a part of our Xfinity Community Forum! I understand how important it is to get quick answers when you're facing an issue. This forum is filled with experts and fellow customers who are great at helping out with general questions and troubleshooting. If your concern is more specific to your account, I recommend creating a post with the details—just be sure to leave out any private information. This helps us generate a ticket so our team can respond.

Please keep in mind that the forum isn’t designed for real-time support. If you need immediate assistance, we’re here to help! You can reach out to us directly through one of the methods listed here: How to Contact Comcast. We're committed to resolving your concerns as quickly as possible!

3 Messages

2 months ago

Well if I can't speak with a person on the phone about you saying .y bill is past due but I have auto pay on so if I don't get a number other than the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] 8009346489 which just hangs up I'm canceling my Xfinity and going to ATT If you cant call me and speak to me im done [Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_rqbml7, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. This is not the experience we want our customers to have. If you would like us to assist you with your billing questions, 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page. 

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

3 Messages

See you must be a bot or else you would have understood I don't want to text or use a chat I want to actually speak as in talk to a real live person on the phone because I have congestive heart failure and I type to slow so after I waist 20 min or more typing out my problem it either times out or I get an error and end up having bad chest pains and have to wait to try again while you [Edited: Language] app keeps saying my payment is past due and that I owe 59.95 but I have auto pay on so either call me or let me call you or I will be calling att and switching today not even kidding so if you tell me to start a chat I'll close my account if you can't spare a real person to help me

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We apologize for the frustrations @user_rqbml7, and assure you that we are not bots here, we are part of Comcast's corporate Digital Care Team so you are working with real agents. I hope that helps put your mind at ease. As a team over social media, we do keep all conversations on the platform you reached out to us on for documentation purposes but since we are not a traditional instant chat platform, you won't time out when sending us a message and we will stick with you no matter how long it takes. We want to make sure your account issues get resolved as quickly as possible and you will work with real people the whole way through. 

If you could send us a Direct Message with your name and service address, we'd be more than happy to assist with your payment issues. To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_rqbml7 I am happy to take a look at the bill with you. If you could send us a Direct Message with your name and service address, we'd be more than happy to assist with your payment issues. To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

Does Xfinity have live humans in the customer service department? The AI bots [Edited: Language] and are incapable of answering any REAL questions. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey user_ldyvjm we're always available to help and can answer any general questions via our public post forums.  What questions do you have?

3 Messages

2 months ago

Agreed after no service for over 24 hours no updates no why we are without service not time frame for restoration of service and being hung up on and basically removing the ability to speak to any actual person we are about done good thing our contract end is coming up.   You can't leave people without service and no idea when it will be back on or why they are without service.   Even the service map shows absolutely no one else around us without service.   Have tried chat have tried everything possible and still zero information and no ability to get any as we are blocked from speaking to anyone at all

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_ifsjcs Have you checked the Xfinity app for updates on your local service interruption? 

3 Messages

Yes we have zero updates zero information. Signed up for text notifications and no updates sent

3 Messages

Outages effect our entire way of life. Our business our security and even baby monitors for our child.   Not having an estimated time of restoration or any information as to what has occured to cause the information is unacceptable.   Following that up with not allowing customers to call in to speak to anyone to get information is just an absolutely disgusting way to do business.   We pay our bill but can't speak to anyone when we have an interruption of service to get information??   It is a horrible way to treat customers who pay you for reliable service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

WINTERSDAWN2 We would be more than happy to check for you! Service interruptions are frustrating, especially if you're not seeing any information about it! Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Customer service is a great reason for leaving xfinity.  It's not just a joke, it's insulting and a mind blowing experience just trying to speak with a live agent.  As good as the tv service and internet is, I'll definately be cutting the cord very soon.  I don't need to pay to get frustrated. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Is there actually anyone in the United States to talk to, to rectify a situation that has been going on since July 21,2024?  I am sick and tired of “being escalated to the back office” and nothing being done!  Speaking to someone local and not overseas would help greatly with the communication barrier.  Never in my 30+ years with Comcast have I been treated so poorly!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_155ed9, This is not the experience we want for our long-time customers. I would be happy to assist you. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page. 

1 Message

1 month ago

You have to push buttons for 20 minutes and then talk to this automated phone call lady that always says that there will be a live operator in 2 minutes and then 30 minutes later you might get to talk to somebody.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_0k2tlg, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out of your Friday to reach out. I know how inconvenient it is to have to wait to talk to somebody. I am sorry to learn about this experience. You've come to the right place for help. We are a team of experts happy to help our XFINITY community over social media. How can we best serve today?

1 Message

1 month ago

I am experiencing the same issues! The chat option and IVR are of no help at all. The ‘agents’ are extremely rude and incompetent. They treat you like [Edited: "Language"]! I just need to speak with a live person that will actually address and at least attempt to resolve my issues. If I cannot get the proper assistance, I will take my business elsewhere. I would like for someone to contact me. 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 month ago

Been trying to figure this out a well. Cant get past the useless assistant. So cant use any services or get any support. 
Time to cancel ... there are better services out there.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We appreciate you reaching out to Community Forums Team for assistance. Our customer service number is 1-800-934-6489, if you wish to speak with someone. We are also delighted to help you over this platform. 

1 Message

I'm trying to get a tech service to my mother's house for repair. I cannot get a live person. I cannot do it on the internet because it connects to my account not my mother's. I need to have somebody go out to her house and find the problem. She is 95 years old, does not use the internet, does not have a smartphone. This is extremely aggravating and I need someone to help with this.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_istcmw Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to get someone to assist with your mom's account. I understand it can be frustrating, but we can help. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name, the primary name, and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_gt8a0i Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Support Team. I can see how it would be frustrating not being able to reach us. Our goal is not to make it difficult. I will be sure to pass along the feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our customers experience with our products, services, and support channels. I'd be happy to assist with any account or service related concern you have today. Can you please share the nature of your concern? 

1 Message

1 month ago

Xfinity [Edited: "Language"] you can’t get a hold of anyone so I am going to drop Xfinity it a shame because I have been with them since the 80s[Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_jxganf - We'd appricate the opportunity to help in every way we can. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

1 Message

1 month ago

I will be looking for a new internet service Monday. No one can help here. Xfinity is ran strictly by bots.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_yai4f8 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We would love to help to see if we can make this a better experience. Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

1 Message

1 month ago

Xfinity is bad, bad, bad!  The company doesn’t care about their customers. Customer service is awful. I really don’t think people work at this company. Everything is automated. Well guess what Xfinity….automation to customer problems and concerns isn’t the answer to everything. I challenge an Xfinity executive to call the Xfinity number and try and get live help. I am willing to bet get gets nothing. 

Xfinity has a lot of nerve to charge what they charge and give little in return to their customers when it comes to service

also, the help desk try hard to help, but trying to understand them is impossible. Once again, have an Xfinity executive try and communicate with a foreign help desk person. They wouldn’t last more than 3 minutes in the

Xfinity is great for taking my money and letting me hang on my own. They don’t believe nor know what good customer service is!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_e6v5tj We are here to help in any way we can, and I would be happy to help with your concern. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

1 month ago

I have been on the phone with many "helpers" out of this country.  None have helped.  I am talking hours and hours.  I am unable to log into my 3 accounts.  I have provided all the information numerous times, and then I get transferred to a line with a "40-minute wait."  I need a person in the USA who knows how to untangle a mess when I signed on with xfinity.  My number is [Edited-PII].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @user_j1p0ms, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Community Forums team, we hope you are otherwise having a wonderful Wednesday so far. We appreciate your time and are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience trying to get help over the phone and that you keep getting transferred to a line with a 40-minute wait time. Your time is valuable to us and we assure you that you have reached the right team to help with any account issues or concerns you are experiencing. Can you tell us about more about this mess so we can better assist with having it untangled? 

We look forward to hearing back from you! Please also be aware that your post has been edited to remove Personally Identifiable Information (PII). As part of our forum guidelines, we encourage users to protect themselves by refraining from posting PII for their account security. Our guidelines can be further reviewed here https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c.

1 Message

1 month ago

this is why I HATE XFINITY!!!   How can I speak to an actual person

Official Employee

• 

598 Messages

@user_gz59j1 We are here to help! Let us know more about your concern and how we can provide you with assistance. We recommend creating your own post and providing as many details as possible without providing any personal identifiable information. You can also get in contact with an Xfinity representative by dialing 1-800-Xfinity and navigating through the prompts. 

2 Messages

I have spent almost 3 hours trying to change my seasonal hold date.  Their seasonal hold page is useless, the promos do not respond.  I’ve called several times and only automated that don’t or can’t resolve the simple issue and the automated chat same thing.  I am so angry!! [Edited: Language]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here