U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 8:14 PM

ETA for internet repair in Houston

Looking for an update for my internet to my repaired in Houston.

It has said “as soon as possible” for a week now. 

Please do not direct me to the app or to https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/, I have already read those. In fact, the website says that 90% has been restored and the remaining customers do not have power, which is incorrect. I have power, but no internet!

I work remotely but am unable to work without internet service. I would like a real ETA.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

24 days ago

Hey user_kli8pu, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. I'm glad you made it through the storms alright. Although you may have power, utility companies work on restoring residential power before they work on commercial power. The link you sent has a number to text for alerts with updates when they become available. We appreciate your patience while the local teams are hard at work to get everyone back online.

7 Messages

Thanks, but no thanks. I signed up for outage text alerts but have received no information about an actual ETA. 

Your customer support and corporate communications are useless, by the way!

7 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

This was just posted: 

May 2
3, 2024 | 4 p.m.

RESTORATION PROGRESS

We have restored about 97% of all internet outages (290K customers restored so far). About 10K customers are without internet. We’ve determined a majority don’t have internet because they are still without power in their homes. Power must be restored before customers can have their services working again.

Again, it specifies “without power in their homes.” I have power in my home but no internet and no updates from Xfinity. 

Is there any way to get an actual ETA or any sort of update at all?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_kli8pu Awesome, I'm glad to hear they have gotten 97% of customers back online. I do know there was quite a bit of damage that happened. The text notifications and the website will be where it is communicated with any updates or an ETA. There currently isn't one for your specific neighborhood yet but the local team is working hard to get everyone back online.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

Why am I telling you that 97% are back online? I do not work for Xfinity lmao, don’t tell me you’re glad. 

This is ridiculous. If there are only 3% of us left, your company should be able to project an ETA for us and provide attention to those repairs now.

7 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

In my Xfinity App on Monday, 5/20 it said that internet would be restored by 8:25pm and then it changed to 10:05pm. Both times came and went but internet was never fixed and it now says “as soon as possible” ever since. 

Is there an update like that available so we know an expected day? 

I’m hopeful that since so few of us are left now, the Xfinity team can dedicate their hard work to finishing up fixing our internet since they accomplished so much already in so few days. Not much left! 

1 Message

23 days ago

Same here. I hope we get a discount for the many days to a week or more without service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_b43fin Hey there! Thanks for using our Forums to let us know you are also having issues. Once the service is restored you can go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/credits/outage/details to get a credit! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here