A

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Early Termination Fee - No Service Coverage in my New Address

Signed up for a Xfinity Connection back in June 2021 on a 2 year contract. I did call out to the agent at Xfinity store that I have to move to my new home within 3 months, he said my connection can be moved  without a glitch. Now am getting ready for the move, Xfinity confirmed that my new address is outside their service area so suggested to reach out to other ISP. When I asked Xfinity to cancel my service the agent says he cannot waive the early termination fee because I am legally bound to pay this fee even if I move to an address that's outside the coverage area. The same is mentioned in my legal contract as well. Why should a consumer be penalized for Xfinity not having service coverage. 
Legally I am obliged to pay this termination fee, but ethically is this what Xfinity as a company stands for? 

Think about this company's core values if they are gonna charge you a fee for terminating service because there is no coverage. 

P.S: I've been an Xfinity customer for almost 9 years at various addresses, this is going to be my last interaction with Xfinity.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Again

Expert

• 

26.4K Messages

10 d ago

@ajeeva500 If you were under a contract and you moved to a non-service area you are the one effectively breaking the contract.  As per your contract you will be charged an early termination fee.

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you cancel all services while under contract then the ETF will apply.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Again

thank you for the insights. I just got to assume $210 for some COVID-19 donation to Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

75 Messages

11 d ago

Hello @ajeeva500! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your billing, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance! If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB

thank you, I just sent all my details in the private chat, let me know if you need any other information 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Nothing changed, I still have to pay $210 for early termination fee.

New to the Community?

Start Here