W

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 11:18 PM

Does Xumo and streamsaver provide local TV channels?

I was sold that if I added Xumo and Now TV and Streamsaver, I could get access to my local TV channels.  In looking thru the web info, this seems like I was sold something false.  I really dont care about a zillion channels I will never look at.  I care about what I watch:  CNN, ABC news, and local channels ABC, NBC, CBS (local news mainly), CNBC, and none of these channels show up. Is that correct?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

Hey @whodiini, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xumo Stream Box, NOW TV, and Xfinity StreamSaver services. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

The Xumo Stream Box has a variety of top tier applications you can access to certain programming, streaming and more. 

The NOW TV does not come with local channels. You can access the NOW TV subscription using the Xfinity Stream App on the Xumo Stream Box device. You can find a comprehensive list of channels offered within the NOW TV plan by visiting our NOW TV service page at https://www.xfinity.com/nowtv. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, select the 'What channels are included with NOW TV' for a complete list and offerings. 

The Xfinity StreamSaver plan comes with three streaming services. The Peacock Premium streaming service, Apple TV+ streaming service, and a Netflix (w/Ads) streaming service bundled. 

With the Peacock Premium, you may be able to watch some local NBS streams I believe, but most of the channels you mention would require an Xfinity Video subscription service. 

6 Messages

Thank you for the quick reply.  You sales people are selling services with false infomation. I am now trying to cancel the purchase, but it is difficult to talk to someone. .... 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Our NOW TV service is an all-in pricing model to help customers with an affordable live and On Demand streaming TV option available on your Xumo Stream Box. Many popular channels are included @whodiini

If the NOW TV service is not a great fit for you, I recommend visiting our 'Add or cancel NOW TV from your Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity or Xfinity Flex' support page at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/now-tv-upgrade which will provide you with some helpful steps on quickly and easily managing your Xfinity services. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@whodiini​ I've been told on 2 different occasions that Now TV has local channels.  This has been on live Chats.  You should probably stop telling people this. 

3 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ - I’ve had the exact same experience as @whodiini with switching to Now. I was told I would have access to local channels.  It was extremely challenging to get to a live rep and then I was misinformed. What do you suggest as next steps to access local channels? 

1 Message

1 month ago

I was sold the same thing by an Xfinity phone rep. I had Xfinity X1 and of course I had live local channels. I was told that Xumo, Now TV and stream saver has local channels live. WRONG! They have Boston NBC10 News that is the same news clips over and over. I wake up every morning and catch the local news the the Today Show as I get ready for work. Xfinity has deliberately sold me something that I thought would be the local channels live but NOPE! They lied to me. The rep was more concerned with up-selling me Xfinity Mobile than answering my questions truthful. I have always been loyal to Xfinity but this bait-and-switch scheme they have going has hacked me off. I have been on the phone and chat with five different Xfinity customer service reps and no seems to know how I can get the true local channel streamed live just like on  Xfinity X1. 

Truly disappointed in Xfinity. 

6 Messages

The only way is to get cable TV with Xfinity.  Or Youtube TV or equivalent.

Official Employee

• 

597 Messages

@user_npj41o Our current option to get access to live TV is through one of our channel lineups with Xfinity TV service. You do not need to rent an X1 cable box and can stream your subscription through the Xfinity Stream app or web portal.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@user_npj41o​ - same here! I’ve been a loyal Xfinity customer for 10+ years and this experience has been disappointing.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_us8v1a Here is a link with the channels list for NOW TV https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/now-tv-overview. To get local channels, you would need to sign up for our traditional cable package.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here