U

2 Messages

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 4:43 PM

Disconnected channel 1115/newsmax.

Hello,  my name is vicki [Edited: "Personal Information"]. & i would like to know why is my channel 1115/newsmax has been disconnected?  I have had this channel since 2019. & now you want me to subscribe to this channel. & "it's not fair!"  i pay $274.36 a mth., which is too much when i don't watch every channel. I am a  senior citizen on a fixed income. & you want more money from me. Please connect my channel 1115 that was included in my comcast purchased, 8/2019. I appreciate it. & you can reach me at: [Edited: "Personal Information"].

Thank you!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 days ago

They won't answer their phones with a person.  I checked my lineup and it seems that it should still be working.  Since early this morning I have been trying to access the Newsmax channel.  I am furious. I pay almost $400.00 a month.  The monopoly that Comcast has is a disgrace.  Their off-shore or non-human customer service is HORRIBLE.

2 Messages

Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience. & Have a good day!

[Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 days ago

Hello, @user_pg71ec when you have a moment please send us a direct message, so we can take a closer look at your subscription and channel lineup. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

1 Message

Why does HE owe ANYBODY have to look at the “subscription” and or channel lineup? It was there hours ago and now it’s not! YOU removed it! This is the LAST STRAW! I will be canceling my cable subscription IMMEDIATELY!

Official Employee

• 

947 Messages

Hi there, @user_ndg4c9! There could be a technical issue of some kind preventing that channel from being available as normal. We want to get to the bottom of the situation and provide accurate information. Since the lineup can vary from location to location, we would need to view the account to verify and also to troubleshoot if it should indeed be present. Are you running into any issues on your service that we may be able to assist with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ But even you have no idea about the issue?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 days ago

same issue here been on phone with them fpr 40 minutes so far they just say they are working on it I call [Edit: Language]

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 days ago

Now on hold. No check back yet yes i was reasonable and polite , knowing it is not the reps fault but now it is because I just sit in silence on hold...The good news is TDS just came in our area and it is already attached to our house just waiting on them to fire it up

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

they just tried to give me money off the catch is a new contract lol  [Edit: Language]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 days ago

Hello all! We are actually experiencing a service interruption with several of our TV networks, and channels. Customers are being asked to subscribe, when they may already have the channel in their lineup. Our engineering team is working on the issue, and we hope everything will be resolved shortly. We appreciate all of your patience!  

1 Message

@XfinityMartyR​ Curious these freezes and interruptions only seem to happen on our Newsmax channel. [Edited: "Political"]. Just saying... We're shopping for a new provider. 

(edited)

2 Messages

Same here. Was watching just an hour ago and got a message to subscribe when it's already in our plan. 20 year plus comcast customer with bundling plans.

Please restore as soon as possible. Thank you.  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The current issue is affecting several channels, not just Newsmax, but we do understand your frustration, and we are working hard to have this issue resolved. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] Higby is my favourite, Seems pretty [Edited: "Language"] suspicious to me. [Edited: "Political"]. It's time to explore other options. Nearly $3,600 a year for their [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Enough is enough!!!

(edited)

4 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ Newsmax channel 1115 still isn't working. What is going on?

1 Message

5 days ago

I also just turned on my TV and no longer have Newsmax. What is going on?

3 Messages

Also [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. PMNSnbc? Good as gold. ABC, CBS and their ilk? Not touched. Funny that....

(edited)

3 Messages

On hold for over an hour. Just disconnected, Wow, supreme service!

Official Employee

• 

767 Messages

user_0w68tu Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

5 days ago

What other provider carries Newsmax?  ATT cut OAN! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 days ago

Has anyone actually received an answer from Xfinity about this? I logged in to chat and it says I am in line. Number 3612 in line geez!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @Ywinger, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a comment on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

4 Messages

What happened to Newsmax channel 1115!!! I just turned the TV for a minute and went to go back and now it's says I have to subscribe when it's been a part of my package for years??? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 days ago

I'm having the same problem! Not receiving Channel 1115 and 1116, Newsmax and News Nation. Getting a message saying I need a subscription. Talk to customer service for hours ago and was told they would have it fixed within the hour! Still not working! Next call will be billing.

4 Messages

5 days ago

Newsmax just quit working for me also. This is not right! 

1 Message

4 days ago

I had say miss you I said refresh in my remote took about 10 minutes and it restored my newsmax channel 

3 Messages

4 days ago

As of 06:00am, 10/05/2024 Newsmax channel 1115, in Washington state, is nolonger available and has been changed to a subscription channel only, WHY??

I checked all of the other news channels, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc, and they're still available as part of our $348.00+ monthly subscription, WHY NOT NEWSMAX??

I will be canceling my Xfinity TV/Internet subscriptions as a result of your [Edited: "Language"] decision!!!

(edited)

3 Messages

Just completed a "Refresh" too and my Newsmax is restored now. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here