U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 7th, 2022 2:36 PM

Closed

Can't return equipment

I have been trying to return my Xfinity equipment for two months now. The Return Equipment page does not give me an option to choose the equipment I need to return. See this screencast image: https://www.screencast.com/t/ojwkK18nazB. 

On four different occasions I have talk to a customer service representative who was going to mail the shipping label. No label has not arrived. A label was being mailed because where I live now does not have Xfinity service, the closest store is a 2 hour drive one way, and the local UPS drop off does not have the ability to scan and send without a label. I would like very much to get a shipping label so I can return the Xfinity equipment that I leased. Of course now I am getting the bill for the equipment that I cannot return.

So, please how can I get a shipping label or at least an address to return the equipment? This is truly unprofessional of Xfinity to drag customer along like and asking it impossible to return equipment. 

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_2b2c0e

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hi I'm having the exact same problem. I cancelled my service and need to return equipment. I just need return label. But it doesn't let me select the device to return it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry that the page isn't loading your equipment. You do not need the label to return to a UPS store. They will scan box and label the equipment for you. You can also always visit a local service center to return the equipment. If you are needing any assistance in locating a service center you can follow this link: https://comca.st/3yZ9LGo to locate one near you. -Dena 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the exact same problem. I am being charged for equipment that I was first told I did not need to return. Now I am trying to return it but cannot get a return label and the nearest store is a two hour drive round trip. It is not my fault Comcast cannot generate a return label for me. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @LynnCrum, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with your equipment return and I apologize for the issues you have had returning your equipment. Do you have a local UPS store in your area? We have an amazing partnership with UPS that makes returning your equipment easier than ever. They will return the equipment free of charge and print a return label for you. You just need to make sure you get a receipt for your records. Here is a link to help find a UPS store, https://comca.st/3qvr39J. Let me know if this helps! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here, too!  Canceled my service, wasn't sent a label, and definitely can't print a label now that the service is canceled.  Every time I talk to someone, they don't know how to help me either!  I will try to take my equipment into a local UPS store to see if they are able to help me, as well.  Thank you!  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This problem still has not been resolved. I went through the process and had NO option to print label. Customer Service said I would be getting a label in the mail. WHY not email. I'm sitting here a week and no label while Xfinity is charging me for equipment. Since I cancelled my service, the "Return Equipment" option or track your return is no longer available. Service Center is an hour away. And I have to trust UPS?

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@user_121e8a I can appreciate your frustrations with your equipment return. Our goal it is to make it as easy as possible for amazing customers like yourself to return your equipment promptly. Our great team here in the Xfinity forums is here for you!

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I've had the exact same problem. Contacted several people about it. Am just told to 'take my equipment to the nearest store'. No, that is more than 6 hours away. Cannot access a return label, and cannot take to UPS without a return label. How am I supposed to get the equipment back when the company is set up this way? 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

When dropping off equipment at a UPS store, you do not need a return label. The staff at the UPS store will box up the equipment, scan the equipment, and print off a return label for you. All shipping and handling is also taken care of. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No...it obviously is not lol. I took the equipment to a store and was told that I needed a return label. They had no clue on what to do with it. That is what I said in the post. 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@XfinityDaryl​ 

If a customer is in an area that Comcast doesn't service, it's highly unlikely UPS would know how to handle a return.  I think they would need a return label in this case.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is exactly what is happening to me too. Seems like an issue with their site. Xfinity better fix this. I am very unhappy.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This company is so awful. I'm having the same issue. I guess once they deactivate your service you can no longer select the equipment you need to return from the "return equipment" list. Since the majority of people who need to return equipment are ending their service, this seems like a super obvious issue. I'm sure Xfinity is aware but this just means more late equipment return fees for them. I hate that Xfinity has a monopoly in so many areas. I can't wait until there is some more competition and google fiber and AT&T fiber is available in more areas. Not to be dramatic (but now I have to drive 3 hours to return my equipment so I'm going to be a little dramatic) but I hope all Xfinity executives are cursed with terrible karma and lifetime of losing their keys and stepping on legos while barefoot. I mean this is such poor customer service that it borders on illegal, especially if this "inconvenience" is done knowingly, which I suspect it is.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there!  We definitely want to make sure this is taken care of for you.  Are you able to return your equipment in a Xfinity Store?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here