Closed

Canceling account - early termination fee

How much is the early termination fee?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @BrandonT1! You are asking a very important question. We certainly wouldn't want to lose you as a customer, but we do know the importance of understanding the billing associated with your account. The price of an Early Termination Fee (ETF) can be different depending on the type of agreement you have set up, as well as how far into it you are. If you signed up for a 12-month agreement, your ETF would start at $110 and decrease by $10 each month until the 12-months are over. With a 24-month agreement, your ETF would start at $230 and also decrease by $10 each month until the full 24-months are over.

The easiest way to determine how much your ETF would be is to time the amount of months you have left in your agreement by $10. If you have 7 months left for example, you would have an ETF of $70. Or, if you have 16 months left, you would have an ETF of $160. You can find out how many months you have left in an agreement by looking up your agreement via your online My Account profile and looking at the start date of your plan. To find the contract or legal agreement you're looking for, simply visit Legal Agreements and Contract ( https://comca.st/3bH6AWT ), under the Settings tab in My Account and there you will be able to see when the agreement started to know when it will expire.

We would love to speak with you further on this matter and help get you an exact amount by looking over your account. We'd also love to chat more about why you might be thinking of leaving and try to help turn your feelings around about us! Just send me a private message with your first and last name and we can get started! To send us a private message, please click on my name , then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@BrandonT1 

Just an FYI:

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

What if you are not under contract, are moving and the move is to a non-serviceable area...is there an ETF fee?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, @user_ac77f9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding Early Termination Fees. If you are not currently in an agreement then there would be no ETFs. If you are currently in an agreement there would be ETFs applied if you cancel services to move into a non-serviceable area prior to the end of your agreement. We would be happy to take a look at your specific account to provide additional information. 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here