U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 25th, 2021 7:21 PM

Closed

Cable Utility Box in yard is broken and needs to be replaced

The cable utility box on my front lawn appears to have been damaged by either landscapers or neighborhood kids and there is now a large hole in the top cover portion that a child could reach into and grab the wires. I am worried someone will reach in and get hurt and it is on my property and I dont want to be held responsible.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @user_9fb551, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your outside box. We would be happy to assist you with getting this repaired especially since this is a safety concern! I can assure you have reached the right place to get this resolved for you.

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you I have sent a message to xfinity support. I will let you know gow it goes.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue, I submitted a ticket via xfinity support and it was closed within a few hours however my issue is still not fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_54193c, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. We understand the concerns about having a damaged pedestal, and we will be glad to help get this taken care of. To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have a similar issue and I was told the box would need to remain unsecured due to a tenor line running into it won’t allow it to close all the way. And because it’s in an easement I should be concerned. So much for them being safety conscious and trying to get it fixed right away. The temporary line was run over a month ago. Horrible…

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_b22e64

Good afternoon! Thank you very much for bringing this concern to our attention! We certainly want to make sure all our equipment is properly maintained and safe for all to be around. We would like to address this right way.

What I would do is send over the details of this to our local team of technicians so that they can address this promptly. We will then follow up with you and make sure you are provided with updates and that ultimately, this is resolved. To get started, could you please send me a direct message so I can gather some account details securely, please?

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here