kenlenard's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jun 1, 2022 12:17 AM

Xfinity Stream freezes after CNN commercials on a Samsung tablet

Has anyone experienced this before? It's very repeatable.  I have CNN on and if there is a commercial for a CNN show like SEARCHING FOR ITALY or whatever, as soon as the commercial is over, my android tablet freezes.  If the commercials are for something other than a CNN show, it does not freeze.  The freeze will occur for about 20 seconds and then the video will resume but it will pause again a couple more times and then it won't happen again until the next commercial for a CNN show.  I have restarted the tablet and uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Stream.  Thanks for reading.  

XfinityEthan

Official Employee

• 

879 Messages

1分前

@kenlenard. This is definitely a strange issue and we always want to do what we can to inform our Stream team. Let's look into putting in a ticket. When the freeze happens is the whole tablet not usable? What model tablet do you have? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10日前

I have the same exact issue on my Amazon Fire tv in my kitchen.  I know it is a great signal as I can tell from a phone, also it is basically right below the cable modem on the 2nd floor.   If I am on the "to go" channel, it doesn't happen nor any other channels that I have watched.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7日前

Same problem. Happens on a lot of channels during commercials. 

Official Employee

• 

420 Messages

@user_51819f Does this happen when streaming the Xfinity Stream app from multiple devices or one in particular? Also, are you connecting to your in-home network when this happens? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7日前

Hello and thanks for the replies.  The tablet is a Samsung "Tab S6".  When the freeze occurs the rest of the tablet is fine.  I can press the screen and exit out of Stream, etc.  I have also started to see this on other commercials now too but very few that are NOT specific CNN commercials.  Also, I have restarted the tablet and also uninstalled and reinstalled Xfinity Stream and it's still occurring.  I believe I also checked for an OS update and went through that process thinking it was an OS issue.  The problem persists.  The freeze occurs RIGHT at the end of the commercial and lasts about 20 seconds.  Then the picture comes back and it will freeze again shortly for a shorter period.  This is not a wifi/buffering issue.  The wifi signal is strong and there are times when I watch something else like a baseball game and the tablet never freezes.  Thanks again.  Please let us know if there is a workaround.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here