U

Monday, September 25th, 2023 10:26 AM

Closed

Xfinity stopped paying Netflix

Xfinity stopped paying my Netflix so it was cancelled and now to reinstate I would have to sign up as a new customer.  The only issue is, in the US, Netflix got rid of the basic plan in August 2023 so I would have to pay for the new standard plan.  Xfinity has washed their hands of this, I never requested my Netflix be cancelled or a change to my bill.  I’ve had Netflix through Xfinity since 2016 when they offered it to all customers.  Has anyone else experienced this and gotten a resolution???

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_fe0e1e 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Do you see Netflix as a billed line item on your latest Comcast bill? If not, then you are currently not receiving Netflix through Comcast. If this was not the case previously, and you were being billed for Netflix through Comcast, then maybe there was a recent change to your account. Did you recently move, change your services, or accidentally cancel Netflix directly in the Netflix app? If so, you will want to have your account reviewed by our Care Team for ensuring that is correctly added back to your Comcast account. Once we hear back from you with the answers to those questions, we will have the information needed to assist you further. 

We look forward to hearing back from you.

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ 

who can I call to review my account? 
the 2 people I spoke with yesterday could not provide any guidance or solutions.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_fe0e1e 

I have just assigned this case to our Digital Care Team assisting customers here in our Xfinity Forum. You will receive a response from them here shortly. 

In the mean time, can you let us know if you see Netflix on your most recent Comcast bill?

Also, did you recently move, change your services, or accidentally cancel Netflix directly in the Netflix app?

This information will help our Care Team to better assist you. Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey there, @user_fe0e1e! Let's take a look at your account and see what happened with your Netflix subscription. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Nothing can be done according to xifntity.  So basically a a huge waste of time.  

1 Message

@XfinityEmilyB​ I'm having the exact same issue 

1 Message

8 months ago

Yes! They lied and told me they would reduce my bill if I went paperless & agree to a direct draw for bill payment and ALL channels would stay the same. The next day HBO & Netflix GONE! I called & complained to no avail & can now add those for more $$ I'm so sick of this, it is the highest bill we have to watch NO premium channels & commercial TV! Oh & add insult to injury I'd I dump Comcast completely $260 fee TO LEAVE!!!

1 Message

7 months ago

We are  havinng - have had - this problem since December.  There seems to be no answer on line to the question of why this happened, only the customer either wrongly has the wrong

TV set up or needs to subscribe to the netflix app, i.e., become a brand new subscriber at a higher price.  Has anyone spoken directly to someone at Xfinity, Comcast, etc.?  TIA

And in response to inserting our xfinity address in order to post this, we haven't gotten paper bills for years and have no information on what account we have - it's paid automatically 

and doesn't list what or how much we pay for anything.  A real catch-22 deal - give us this so we can help you, but we won't give us what you need unless you give us something that is

probably 10 years old or more and buried or recycled.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here